• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Is there a single college coach anywhere in America who doesn't know more about basketball than this entire board combined?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Is there a single college coach anywhere in America who doesn't know more about basketball than this entire board combined?

If it's your job then you should know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

Pelphrey has been endorsed by people who have forgotten more about bb than the ones dissing him on here. While it remains to be seen if he could get us to the next level, it's not a foregone conclusion that his hiring would be as catastrophic as those like the drama queen suggest.

You like to get on here and throw insults around but I have yet to see anything of real substance from one of your post. You have no ideal why I'm against John Pelphrey do you? There isn't a reason why I and many, many people are not fans of his, but there are multiple reasons why. Now if you are the slight bit capable, we can have a little debate pros and cons on John Pelphrey. I'm down for that, if not then by all means go back and sit on couch, drink some 1800 and catch a show, maybe a crime drama. Hopefully you have Netflix.

Didn't mention any names but since you responded ... I don't care why you're against pelphrey. If you want to state your case ... by all means. My problem is your histrionics about Pelphrey, and others, being the worst coach hire in the history of college basketball ... if Harlan does it, he's the worst AD hire in 100 years ... ad nauseum. You do have some great college basketball stuff to contribute but the drama queen theatrics really takes away from it at times.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

This guy isnt what USF needs, could care less who is doing the fluffing for him.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

This guy isnt what USF needs, could care less who is doing the fluffing for him.

Exactly, he's on rung just below Stan Heath on the success ladder and we should have kept Heath if Pelphrey was the option.  Since we know there were AT LEAST three that were preferred over him, I'd rather they went a different route rather than trying to select someone who was obviously lowly rated in their first and second go arounds.  USF shouldn't be responsible for trying to recycle and revive John Pelphrey's head coaching career.  I say we look outside the box now for a dynamic and highly rated assistant who hasn't led an NCAA Div 1 team and Pelphrey isn't one of those.