• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Some are not going to be convinced that Pearl would be the best hire we could get.  Here is more info for the fire.

As Kevin Scarbinsky at the Birmingham News notes, Auburn currently employs two top officials from the NCAA, including the lead investigator on Pearl's case. If that former NCAA investigator is okay with Auburn hiring Pearl, how could anyone have an issue with it at all? He knows the entirety of the case better than anyone in the country.

In imposing the penalty, the NCAA said that Pearl's lies turned what would have been a minor case into a major one.

8 of the last 9 years NCAA tourney the lone year was also NIT

231-99 overall record.

What Pearl accomplished at Tennessee was unprecedented for that program. He made the NCAA tournament all six seasons, advanced to the Sweet 16 three times, the Elite Eight once. He beat Bill Self and Kansas when the Jayhawks were ranked No. 1. He beat John Calipari and Memphis when the Tigers were ranked No. 1. He was 3-1 against Billy Donovan's two national-championship teams at Florida. He took a roster that got Buzz Peterson fired from Tennessee in 2005 and won enough games with it in 2006 to earn a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament while energizing a fan base that was previously indifferent to men's basketball. 

Far and away the best choice to raise our program and get us into P5

Edited by bcgruber
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't you hear??? Pearl is a scumbag and does not represent the USF way!!! No way we hire him!! Even though I have zero knowledge of the situation I guarantee it!! And I love over using exclamation points!!!!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Didn't you hear??? Pearl is a scumbag and does not represent the USF way!!! No way we hire him!! Even though I have zero knowledge of the situation I guarantee it!! And I love over using exclamation points!!!!

I'd love if we got Pearl. Little too much drama with the scumbag comments.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

It's clearly obvious that I'm being sarcastic and impersonating a resident member who overreacts on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

I want to win.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I want to win.

No doubt Pearl can do and would do that. Pearl would have USF ranked in the top 25 his 1st season. He's that **** good of a head coach and an incredible salesman

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

It's clearly obvious that I'm being sarcastic and impersonating a resident member who overreacts on a regular basis.

Got to overact to protect felllow USF fans. Pearl is not an option so we are safe. GO BULLS!!!!

Pearl is out. He cant come back to activities until August, and USF will not wait until August to make that hire. So with that, Pearl is out!!!! - Kevin O' Leary from Shark Tank voice

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

From what has been kicked around, I think he can be hired. He just can't be involved in recruiting.

From what has been kicked around, I think he can be hired. He just can't be involved in recruiting.

And that is why he wont be hired by USF. That is just the USF way. We dont have the SEC mentality of cheating to win. Sorry

Edited by Bull Daly
  • Downvote 1