• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  1

Pearl is out. He cant come back to activities until August, and USF will not wait until August to make that hire. So with that, Pearl is out!!!! - Kevin O' Leary from Shark Tank voice

Are you certain Mark Harlan feels the same way? If he wants to make national headlines in his first month on the job hiring Bruce Pearl would do that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

Pearl is out. He cant come back to activities until August, and USF will not wait until August to make that hire. So with that, Pearl is out!!!! - Kevin O' Leary from Shark Tank voice

Are you certain Mark Harlan feels the same way? If he wants to make national headlines in his first month on the job hiring Bruce Pearl would do that.

Yes I am certain! USF fans better be dreaming of someone else or they will be let down. Sorry

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

Didn't you hear??? Pearl is a scumbag and does not represent the USF way!!! No way we hire him!! Even though I have zero knowledge of the situation I guarantee it!! And I love over using exclamation points!!!!

I'd love if we got Pearl. Little too much drama with the scumbag comments.

It's clearly obvious that I'm being sarcastic and impersonating a resident member who overreacts on a regular basis.

Sorry brah, hard to keep track of the real drama queens yet alone the impersonators.

Guest PCBull14

Some are not going to be convinced that Pearl would be the best hire we could get.  Here is more info for the fire.

As Kevin Scarbinsky at the Birmingham News notes, Auburn currently employs two top officials from the NCAA, including the lead investigator on Pearl's case. If that former NCAA investigator is okay with Auburn hiring Pearl, how could anyone have an issue with it at all? He knows the entirety of the case better than anyone in the country.

In imposing the penalty, the NCAA said that Pearl's lies turned what would have been a minor case into a major one.

8 of the last 9 years NCAA tourney the lone year was also NIT

231-99 overall record.

What Pearl accomplished at Tennessee was unprecedented for that program. He made the NCAA tournament all six seasons, advanced to the Sweet 16 three times, the Elite Eight once. He beat Bill Self and Kansas when the Jayhawks were ranked No. 1. He beat John Calipari and Memphis when the Tigers were ranked No. 1. He was 3-1 against Billy Donovan's two national-championship teams at Florida. He took a roster that got Buzz Peterson fired from Tennessee in 2005 and won enough games with it in 2006 to earn a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament while energizing a fan base that was previously indifferent to men's basketball. 

Far and away the best choice to raise our program and get us into P5

You can have your opinion. But we fired a football coach not to long ago for lying. Pearl should not be allowed to step foot in our Athletics building. Once a liar always a liar. I wonder what other violations he committed and lied his way to a cover up.

Guest PCBull14

I don't think so. Lets hire a guy who can't fully recruit until 5 months out...yea that sounds like a winning plan said no one ever. We are USF, we don't have enough history to take that chance. We need a guy who can hit the recruiting road now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

I don't think so. Lets hire a guy who can't fully recruit until 5 months out...yea that sounds like a winning plan said no one ever. We are USF, we don't have enough history to take that chance. We need a guy who can hit the recruiting road now.

Although I doubt things stay the way they are now, if they did, there's only 2 spots open for 2015 if AC gets redshirted and the gladiator signs in April. Send the new assistants out until Pearl gets parole. He'll still have a little time before early signing period for recruiting.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

This is just my opinion, but whoever we hire needs to be able to do his first bit of recruiting to keep our core group of young guys plus Holston on board. That is job 1.

The expectation for Heath would have been at least knocking on the door of the NCAA tourney next year. The new coach should be expected to do the same. Again, just my opinion, but another young and up and coming coach that will take 2 to 3 years of having to rebuild will be a tough sell to the dwindling fan base. It would also make the Heath firing the most idiotic move by the athletic department yet.

Needs to be Pearl or an equally recognizable name.

Its more than just winning immediately. It needs to be about bringing fans interest back sooner rather than later

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Some are not going to be convinced that Pearl would be the best hire we could get.  Here is more info for the fire.

As Kevin Scarbinsky at the Birmingham News notes, Auburn currently employs two top officials from the NCAA, including the lead investigator on Pearl's case. If that former NCAA investigator is okay with Auburn hiring Pearl, how could anyone have an issue with it at all? He knows the entirety of the case better than anyone in the country.

In imposing the penalty, the NCAA said that Pearl's lies turned what would have been a minor case into a major one.

8 of the last 9 years NCAA tourney the lone year was also NIT

231-99 overall record.

What Pearl accomplished at Tennessee was unprecedented for that program. He made the NCAA tournament all six seasons, advanced to the Sweet 16 three times, the Elite Eight once. He beat Bill Self and Kansas when the Jayhawks were ranked No. 1. He beat John Calipari and Memphis when the Tigers were ranked No. 1. He was 3-1 against Billy Donovan's two national-championship teams at Florida. He took a roster that got Buzz Peterson fired from Tennessee in 2005 and won enough games with it in 2006 to earn a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament while energizing a fan base that was previously indifferent to men's basketball. 

Far and away the best choice to raise our program and get us into P5

P5? If UConn's men's and women's programs can't get them into P5 I wouldn't think a winning program at USF would. First thing that will happen if USF has successful in basketball a program with twice the budget will come along and hire the HC away.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Although I doubt things stay the way they are now, if they did, there's only 2 spots open for 2015 if AC gets redshirted and the gladiator signs in April. Send the new assistants out until Pearl gets parole. He'll still have a little time before early signing period for recruiting.

New school can also apply for a waiver of the penelty which may get granted as well.  something to consider

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

New school can also apply for a waiver of the penelty which may get granted as well.  something to consider

Who would be dumb enough to risk that?