• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Bulls football schedule looks great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Yeahhh 12-0 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2-2 out of conference acceptable to most? Anything better is exciting, worse means another year like last?

Yea, 2-2 is optimistically acceptable after last year. NC State is beatable and Maryland could be a toss up depending on how we look during the first game. If we struggle or lose the 1st game, then I think we are screwed the following week against Maryland.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I will believe it when I see it. CWT has a lot to prove.

i second that

if qb play doesnt improve we will stick again

Edited by smazza

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

The likelihood of snow falling is highest around September 30, occurring in 2% of days.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

My hate of NC State started at our first bowl game.  Those were some pretty obnoxious fans.  My section was pretty much all red and it sucked that we didn't score a point. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

USF has a legitimate shot of going 3-1 in that stretch.

It may sound crazy after last year, but Maryland and NC State are not good either. A couple bounces go our way and we will win those games.

I don't see 1-3 or 0-4 happening. I think 2-2 is the most realistic prediction. Really doubt we are competitive against Wisconsin. Power run games have always been a weakness, and we will be thin at D-line...not a good sign. Would be an awesome win, but that will be a tough one.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I just hope we have Dish back on by then, my wife's job is being outsourced to India, we are in Max savings mode. I do have espn3 access though. Glad I got the OTA antenna a couple years back and a couple Rokus.

Edit: and Dish has all ESPN and Disney channels in HD...they still are negotiating.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

The likelihood of snow falling is highest around September 30, occurring in 2% of days.

So you went out to the same website I did. ;)

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

NC State is easily the most winnable P5 game on our schedule next year. They were 3-9 last year and lost their last 8 games, and allowed 38 points or more in their last four games. 

Not saying we're much better, but at least we closed the gap against other teams at the end of the year. Downside? They had a good recruiting class, same ball park as ours at #37 on ESPN, but their top players were better in class than ours-and they signed 32 of them.  

Maryland will be a notch up on the difficulty level. They were 7-5 and nearly beat #9 Clemson at one point. Only reason they weren't ranked is because they looked like an FCS team against FSU-and there were plenty of teams that looked like FCS programs against FSU last year. 

I like how the difficulty level rises in non conference. The first two are winnable, I'll be happy if we start 2-0. If we go 3-0 then this team is likely a legit contender for the access bowl slot. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

the +/- should start at 2-2. That's a reasonable bet. 

I think we go 3-1, with reservations for a 4-0. Need to see if the guys have really bought in, and if QB play has improved. Also will be important to see how our DE depth really will be.