• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Bulls football schedule looks great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

Western Carolina- should be a solid win. They aren't really a "let me pick the best FCS team I can find" kind of team, like Monte State or whatever that team was that beat us last season. We haven't been able to throw another team around since 09, this could be that opportunity to score 50+ and get the guys pumped for....

Maryland- ok so Maryland was 7-6 last year, but they beat 3 ACC teams. This will be a game that might draw some people in to see if USF has really turned around. If we have made proper adjustments, we could pull a win. Maryland travels decent so it will be a fun game to attend.

NC State- I just don't really like them. The purple pirates play them too. If we can both pull out a win, that's 2 easy wins for the AAC. They could add some momentum to the student section attendance. 

@ Wisconsin- Solid test of the team. We will know early in the season if Willie has turned this new team around. It's going to be cold up there. USF typically doesn't fair well in cold climate games. Have we fixed that? Wisconsin has a ridiculously crazy fan base...they will be loud and proud and hopefully our new team can adjust. We'll see. I would really enjoy traveling to this game!

So there's my take on it. I'm fairly optimistic because of all the recent good news in USF football. I really like what Taggart is doing with this program. If all else fails, as long as we beat UCF, I'm happy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I will believe it when I see it. CWT has a lot to prove.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Western Carolina- should be a solid win. They aren't really a "let me pick the best FCS team I can find" kind of team, like Monte State or whatever that team was that beat us last season. We haven't been able to throw another team around since 09, this could be that opportunity to score 50+ and get the guys pumped for....

Maryland- ok so Maryland was 7-6 last year, but they beat 3 ACC teams. This will be a game that might draw some people in to see if USF has really turned around. If we have made proper adjustments, we could pull a win. Maryland travels decent so it will be a fun game to attend.

NC State- I just don't really like them. The purple pirates play them too. If we can both pull out a win, that's 2 easy wins for the AAC. They could add some momentum to the student section attendance. 

@ Wisconsin- Solid test of the team. We will know early in the season if Willie has turned this new team around. It's going to be cold up there. USF typically doesn't fair well in cold climate games. Have we fixed that? Wisconsin has a ridiculously crazy fan base...they will be loud and proud and hopefully our new team can adjust. We'll see. I would really enjoy traveling to this game!

So there's my take on it. I'm fairly optimistic because of all the recent good news in USF football. I really like what Taggart is doing with this program. If all else fails, as long as we beat UCF, I'm happy.

Wisconsin is not going to be cold on September 27...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wisconsin is  should not going  to be cold on September 27...

FIFY

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I thought there was a full schedule with dates published when I saw this post.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

I will believe it when I see it. CWT has a lot to prove.

Can't argue against that. Coming off the worst season in our short 17 year history, we're all looking for considerable improvement. 

Of the four above mentioned games...the only win I'd think there is would be Western Carolina (who won two games last year...a three

point win over Elon and a seven point win over Mars Hill

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  161

After last season, I'm not even sure that one side is guaranteed a win in the Spring Game. That could turn into a double-loss. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,090
  • Days Won:  39

I'm looking forward to the Wisconsin, ucf, and NC state games. Wisconsin just to see another campus with "real" cfb atmosphere (sorry Raymond James Monastery Field).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Wisconsin is  should not going  to be cold on September 27...

FIFY

Wimp!  :D

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

2-2 out of conference acceptable to most? Anything better is exciting, worse means another year like last?

• Upvote 2