• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers or White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If they burned White's redshirt last year, we will definitely see Flowers on the field this year

This.

At this stage in our recovery redshirts mean absolutely NOTHING.

I could care less about anyone's eligibility in their 5th year, and I don't think Taggs does either.

If he doesn't get it turned around, he won't BE here to see Flowers play in his 5th year...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If they burned White's redshirt last year, we will definitely see Flowers on the field this year

Not necessarily.  White is a smart guy that showed a grasp of the larger picture of running an offense.  He has some other technical advantages, perhaps due to his long time as a pitcher learning consistency of approach and that tiny details matter.

In any case, he a better chance to come in and be able to execute the offense with limited time in the system.  He was also competing with three quarterbacks, only two of which had more time in the system.  Those two only had a couple more months in the system.  That was pretty close to an even playing field.  And all three got the opportunity to play before White did.  We saw when White was in there that he could barely run the offense.  We had false starts all over the place that didn't happen nearly as often with the other three quarterbacks.

Flowers comes in likely much less ready to run a complicated college offense.  And there are three quarterbacks that will have over a year in the system by the time the season rolls around.  The most likely scenario is that even everyone's favorite punching bad will be able to run the offense far better than Flowers by September, regardless of his physical talents.

At least I really hope we don't have to suffer through using a true freshman QB again that doesn't even know the offense well enough to run it.  White, Bench and Floyd should all be light years ahead of where they were this year.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

If it took White and Bench most of the summer and fall to learn this offense, I don't see how a new guy coming in at about the same time as those 2 learns it any faster. My guess - White, Bench and redshirt Flowers. What happened to Floyd transferring? Was that just conjecture here on the old Bullspen?

To answer your question, I believe it was just conjecture, yes. No reports or even hints of Floyd transferring that I've seen.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

White is going to start. Flowers will redshirt and will only play barring major injuries/we can't score all year. The offense is getting some new blood injected into it with our RB's and OL. White has had a whole offseason + spring time and eventually summer/fall to learn the offense even more. Flowers will not learn the offense fast enough, 

Also to the person that suggested we move him to another position: Wouldn't that be pretty crappy of Coach T? One of the main reasons Flowers came here is because he was able to compete at QB. He had offers from some much bigger schools but they were offering him a chance to play anything other than QB.

Edited by NinjaPenguin777
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Honestly I had doubts about white running this offense prior to last season. Looking at his hs tape all of his highlights are out of shotgun. Flowers video shows a great deal of balance and he really developed a LOT his senior year with decision making. He may be more advanced than you guys think. We will know more come spring. Mike white definitely has a good arm. Our recievers need the most work right now.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Flowers reminds me of a short Terrelle Pryor….he can be really good I just think he will need a year to learn the offense. 

He had a terrible offensive line it seems he always had pressure in his face. 

Who is back at WR this year?  Dunkley and Davis?  

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Honestly I had doubts about white running this offense prior to last season. Looking at his hs tape all of his highlights are out of shotgun. Flowers video shows a great deal of balance and he really developed a LOT his senior year with decision making. He may be more advanced than you guys think. We will know more come spring. Mike white definitely has a good arm. Our recievers need the most work right now.

We won't know anything new about Flowers by Spring, he'll still be in high school until May.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If Flowers is our starter 2014 is a lost year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Good point. We will know if bench or white will be worth a **** by spring game though.