• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornerback Durden arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

Point 1: He broke the law

2: Most agree pot is not as bad as some make it out to be.

3: he had approx an ounce we which means habitual user or intent to sell not that I had any experience. :)I think we all agree popping hot on a test us forgive able but their obviously more to the story.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Last thing we need is more negative attention. Dammit. 

And this is a Taggart guy too. I think.

No he's not

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

It isn't like this is some obscure law that the players have never heard of.

Exactly. I think every drug should be legal, but just because I think that doesn't mean that you should break the law. You know the rules, it's not that hard to follow them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

As silly as the criminalization of weed may be, the law is also very very easy to comply with. There is absolutely no excuse. You know it's illigal, you know the consequences, you know your opportunity of a lifetime will be taken away, and if you still maintain possession of any amount, let alone some felony amount, you are an absolute fool. This is a real sign of immaturity and being ignorant of the value of your opportunity and of the consequences of your choices.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Lol, somebody is or was an RA

http://youtu.be/ra-yMYdM-NA

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

Point 1: He broke the law

2: Most agree pot is not as bad as some make it out to be.

3: he had approx an ounce we which means habitual user or intent to sell not that I had any experience. :)I think we all agree popping hot on a test us forgive able but their obviously more to the story.

Nearly an ounce sounds like someone who probably smokes it somewhere between occasionally and regularly, but certainly not enough to be selling.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Once again, nearly an ounce is what you need for it to be a felony. That means he had somewhere between 0.7 ounces and Snoop Dogg, without intent to sell.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30

Either way, it's clearly not his first smoke, which tells me it was only a matter of time. It's a felony, he is gone, off the team. Better to know today now and use his schools for a new recruit.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

again read my statement" NOT DEFENDING HIM" which means don't agree with what he did. But lets not pass judgment on this young man, Let the court system handle it and USF.

Not making excuse's for him but :

He is only 18-23 years old, got caught with Weed( something the government has declared "War on" but people with sense is changing that logic ( see states changing laws like Colorado, and others who allow it for medical purposes).

Everyone one of us has broke the law at some point and some do so more frequently than others ( we just don't get caught or are not being judged as hard based on the offense).

Again he broke the law( which sucks) so unfort needs to pay for that, He broke the schools rules and will be handled appropriately as well. But lets not crucify him for making a mistake.

I'll pass judgement and call him immature and foolish. Not uncommon for young males. I had my own hard lesson as a teen, and maybe he would have made different choices if he had the same experience I had.

I'll just say I learned first hand, because of the actions of a close friend of mine in high school, the police mean business.

Unfortunately, Durden is going to learn the hard way, the police don't mess around and that one is wise to flee from even the most minuscule appearance of guilt. I hope at the very least this will serve as a wake up call to the rest of the team.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Too bad we are not one of the "Big 4" (like our marketing dept tried to sell us with the billboard) OR an SEC/ ACC school.  If so Durden would be a Heisman candidate and we would be playing in the NC in football.  ( see Scam Newton and Jameis Winston) :roflmao:  

I kid but none of these issues are funny but shows you that if your good in FB and have Big donors ( Prosecutors in your back pocket) like FSU or SEC schools you can do whatever you want and no one blinks an eye.  Heck they would even build a statue in your honor.

Edited by Dhambuc