• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornerback Durden arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Discussion of FSU policy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-11-21/sports/os-jameis-winston-may-not-be-suspended-fsu-20131121_1_fsu-student-fsu-football-team-fsu-officials

The Seminoles' athletic policy manual reads: “In the event the student-athlete is charged with a felony, absent extraordinary circumstances as determined by the administration, he/she will not be permitted to represent FSU Athletics in game competition until such time as the charge is resolved and all court, university and athletics department conditions for reinstatement have been met.â€

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Ballot will be for medical only.

Thats what Colorado did a few years ago...but all of their supportersgoals  (just like in FLA) was for eventually legalized use.

"Medicinal" marijuana was always a ruse....and much of the public bought it.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I believe ghost is right. That is why it was so big that Winston was never charged.

FSU's policy is to suspend a player charged with a felony, and there is room to make an exception in special circumstances. Not even FSU will revoke a player scholly based on a felony charge. So this cannot be a state of Florida rule.

This is correct. Much discussion about it up here during the Jameis "Fear the Spear" Winston saga.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Imagine how much less in taxes we'd pay and how many fewer jails would be needed if they legalized pot. The US has the highest incarceration rate per capita of any country in the world. Over 700 per 100k. Countries like Japan and Finland are around 50 or 60 per 100k. Its so out of skew, its shocking.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Japan's drug laws make us look like Amsterdam. I don't get your argument.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4. It's against team rules.

Now Tag might have his own penalties to add....

These. Even if he skates the criminal charges, does anyone expect CWT to do anything other than boot him? There's no way...I feel pity for him and all...but there's no way he gets a second chance on Willie's team after a drug offense.

Edited by raptorcj

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I believe ghost is right. That is why it was so big that Winston was never charged.

So an innocent player can have his scholarship pulled??

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

oh my GOD

Dear Potential Students of USF (and any college)

The police have UNDERCOVER officers on campus, not every police officer on campus sits in a squad car. The patrol the campus, they patrol the dorm halls, they patrol all areas of the campus.

They are plain clothed, they're job is to find things like this, and report them.... so the REAL police officers can show up and make the arrests. The easiest way to get arrested, is to smoke something that you can easily smell from a block away. Especially in an area that is 100% searchable at ANY time without a warrant (student housing)

When you sign papers to move into on-campus housing, you give the school and any authorized person, access to search your dorm room at ANY time, for ANY reason. 

If you want to smoke pot, do it off campus!!!!

Just looking out

Never seen or heard about undercover cops before... And I have quite a few RA friends and several friends with UP run ins.. Don't think their are actual undercover officers on campus, just RAs

Nah.  If you smoke in your room in the Holly Dorms they can't come in your room to search without your consent.  Even with all the evidence in the world, they still need your consent to enter your room.  RA's are laid back about smoking on campus as long as it doesn't bother others. 

oh my GOD

Dear Potential Students of USF (and any college)

The police have UNDERCOVER officers on campus, not every police officer on campus sits in a squad car. The patrol the campus, they patrol the dorm halls, they patrol all areas of the campus.

They are plain clothed, they're job is to find things like this, and report them.... so the REAL police officers can show up and make the arrests. The easiest way to get arrested, is to smoke something that you can easily smell from a block away. Especially in an area that is 100% searchable at ANY time without a warrant (student housing)

When you sign papers to move into on-campus housing, you give the school and any authorized person, access to search your dorm room at ANY time, for ANY reason. 

If you want to smoke pot, do it off campus!!!!

Just looking out

Never seen or heard about undercover cops before... And I have quite a few RA friends and several friends with UP run ins.. Don't think their are actual undercover officers on campus, just RAs

Nah.  If you smoke in your room in the Holly Dorms they can't come in your room to search without your consent.  Even with all the evidence in the world, they still need your consent to enter your room.  RA's are laid back about smoking on campus as long as it doesn't bother others. 

I believe this is generally incorrect when it comes to on campus dorm rooms in the year 2014.

This is from the University of Florida dorm regs:

6) Authorized University housing personnel may enter student rooms without the resident’s permission for maintenance/housekeeping purposes and fire/safety inspections. When authorized personnel have reasonable belief that a violation of a University regulation, local ordinance, state or federal statute is in progress, and/or for other emergency purposes, they may enter student rooms without notice.

http://www.housing.ufl.edu/undergrad/contracts/