• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornerback Durden arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Lots of stone throwing in a glass house in here...cut the kid a break, for crying out loud. There but for the Grace of God go most of us!

BS, speak for yourself. I never have smoked anything but a cigar. I knew many people who did smoke pot, just never knew someone with that much on them. There are many kids out there that would love to play football for the Bulls that will follow the law. I saw throw the trash out and get a team player in here.
I get that he didn't mean just smoking pot, most have done something stupid. And today, pot smoking is a major cultural trend at that age, more so then when we were that age. There weren't states legalizing it when I was in school.

Unless you are perfect, you have no room to talk was he overall message, not if you smokes pot before. At least, that's what I got.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Bingo.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He is on football schollie.  He commits a felony, he loses the scholly.  He knows this, thus there are no excuses.

I don't think anyone has said he is a horrible kid, useless to society.  Just saying he needs to follow some simple rules, one of them being not getting arrested for a felony.  He did, if he's convicted he will be gone.  I'm not sure what people are defending here.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Curious what Medical benefits one would get from smoking a cigar?  Just one?  

We know that Medical Marijuana has numerous medical benefits and its widely used in most if not ALL states at least in some form ( pill form in Florida).

Saw a great news story about Colorado and them being known for their Gold , Silver and now their "Green".  They have Marijuana tours where you can actually go to grow houses, sample along the way, buy as well in all forms(candy, food, bud, liquid) Kinda like wine tours in Napa Valley.    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/everything-was-funny-cnn-reporter-gets-high-during-colorado-marijuana-legalisation-report-9060629.html

Pretty funny video,  About 7 minutes long.

I don't smoke Cigs or anything for that matter, But Im all for using it for medical purposes or if done legally and by adults,   Much safer than alcohol . People who typically smoke don't get behind the wheel and drive 100 mph, they usually chill and drive slow.  

Don't think anyone is defending him, I think people are saying it was not smart and he broke some rules, (even if we agree with the rules or not) but we need to let the court system play out and let the school handle his scholarship.  We don't need to chastise him for making a mistake.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Victimless crime; should not lose scholly IMHO

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

If I were to get caught with that much weed the school could take away my academic scholarships.  Should be no different with athletic scholarships. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If I were to get caught with that much weed the school could take away my academic scholarships. Should be no different with athletic scholarships.

And all of us employed would lose our job in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

From watching that Epix documentary, Schooled, about college football, it's not uncommon for players to sell pot for income since they are so limited in what they are allowed to do for money.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This kid is GONE no way USF lets him stay. P

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

If we were say Miami  the school would have a booster pay for it, while buying prostitutes expensive gifts and party's.

If we were  Most SEC schools this kid would get a slap on the wrist at most. Maybe a few game suspension. 

If we were FSU  he wouldn't miss ANY time( See Winston)  And win a Heisman and NC.( State prosecutor and FSU grad would not charge him)

If we were UF, Under Urban Meyers watch he would win either win a NC or transfer to Auburn and win a Heisman and NC.

SEC and the other Power conferences have players in the news on an almost daily basis for much worse offenses and get little to NO punishment.

Again not advocating for nothing to be done, but lets keep it in perspective here people.