• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

expectations > USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I'm sorry, not renewing season tickets and the like does not mean you're not a "die hard".

Yes, it does ....

die-hard /ˈdaɪˌhɑrd/ Show Spelled [dahy-hahrd] Show IPA
noun
a person who vigorously maintains or defends a seemingly hopeless position, outdated attitude, lost cause, or the like.

Well, this die hard renewed his tickets today.

Time to summon up St. Jude (patron saint of lost causes). 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thank you. You da man!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

die_hard_two_ver2_xlg.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

There was an article in the Oracle's sports section from Tuesday's paper titled: "Fans quick to call for change in Athletics" that I know would bring up some interesting conversation.  It mentions the success other USF teams are having but completely ignores the mediocre and downright crappy play by the Men's BB and Football teams.  It gets dangerously close a few times to chastising fans.  Worth a read.

Feel free to look it up.  Its still on their website but I can't link it for whatever reason.  Technology.  www.usforacle.com under sports.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

There was an article in the Oracle's sports section from Tuesday's paper titled: "Fans quick to call for change in Athletics" that I know would bring up some interesting conversation.  It mentions the success other USF teams are having but completely ignores the mediocre and downright crappy play by the Men's BB and Football teams.  It gets dangerously close a few times to chastising fans.  Worth a read.

Feel free to look it up.  Its still on their website but I can't link it for whatever reason.  Technology.  www.usforacle.com under sports.

http://www.usforacle.com/fans-quick-to-call-for-change-in-athletics-1.2850985#.Us5W9fshPKc

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry, not renewing season tickets and the like does not mean you're not a "die hard".

Yes, it does ....

die-hard /ˈdaɪˌhɑrd/ Show Spelled [dahy-hahrd] Show IPA

noun

a person who vigorously maintains or defends a seemingly hopeless position, outdated attitude, lost cause, or the like.

Cool story, bro. But, that doesn't say you must renew season tickets.

I have faith we will turn it around. I love my program. I have a ******* tattoo of the iconic U. That said, I also am a believer that money, or lack thereof, talks. Seeing a drop in season tickets or donations should trigger to the powers that be that we are not content with current results. If we sold out Ray Jay every week there'd be less motivation.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

The tone of the article is the same kind of party line that I've seen at USF since my freshman year: "Everything is great!" This is why punk-bass people wear other school's paraphernalia while going to USF classes; this is why we get 4K at basketball games; and this is why nobody knows how to run the athletics department.

Winning brings pride. I still remember seeing students lineup to attend the basketball games when the men's team did well two years ago. Seth had people camping out for the basketball games. Leavitt had football hoping and we a full house at Tampa Stadium; they lit the building downtown.

What are we after? WE WANT USF PRIDE!

Why bother playing sports at all if there's no school pride? Golf isn't going to do it. Tennis isn't going to do it. Only football and basketball are the main engines.

But of course, I'm not telling anybody on here what we all don't already know.

I bet that Orifice writer doesn't even attend USF sporting events.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We'll be back

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

The tone of the article is the same kind of party line that I've seen at USF since my freshman year: "Everything is great!" This is why punk-bass people wear other school's paraphernalia while going to USF classes; this is why we get 4K at basketball games; and this is why nobody knows how to run the athletics department.

Winning brings pride. I still remember seeing students lineup to attend the basketball games when the men's team did well two years ago. Seth had people camping out for the basketball games. Leavitt had football hoping and we a full house at Tampa Stadium; they lit the building downtown.

What are we after? WE WANT USF PRIDE!

Why bother playing sports at all if there's no school pride? Golf isn't going to do it. Tennis isn't going to do it. Only football and basketball are the main engines.

But of course, I'm not telling anybody on here what we all don't already know.

I bet that Orifice writer doesn't even attend USF sporting events.

"To say USF Athletics is failing the students would be absurd in that sense."...

Words matter. Perhaps we should be more specific, and rather than use the generic term "USF Athletics" we should use the specific terms of football & basketball (in particular MEN'S BASKETBALL). While I'm sure there are those who give a rats hind-quarter about sailing, golf, tennis and soccer...as evidenced by this board, and what gets media attention...it's football and basketball that are at the top of the pyramid. 

Wins bring fans, that’s how sports work for the most part and it’s understandable. So does football need to deliver in that department? Yes. Does USF Athletics as a whole need to? Not necessarily.

See....that's all you have to do. Segregate football & basketball from the term "USF Athletics"...and maybe, I dunno, maybe the soccer/sailing/tennis/track/soccer teams don't want to be painted with the same brush that swipes hoops & football. Sorry if you took offense, but back to those two programs...   :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.usforacle.com/fans-quick-to-call-for-change-in-athletics-1.2850985#.Us5W9fshPKc

Thank you