• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf- uh game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We look clueless without AC out there.....We look clueless with AC out there.....

Tier 1

Louisville

Tier 2

Memphis

Uconn

Cincinnati

Houston

SMU

Tier 3

UCF

USF

Temple

Rutgers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't know guys I Was expecting this team to be better this year. I don't know if we even get to ten wins this year.

I have always liked Heath. However, maybe it is time for that seat to start getting warm.

It is not the fact that we are losing. It is how we are losing and there doesn't seem to be any improvement from game to game pointing to a better year next year.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What can I say that's good about this team?

hmmm. I think we get good exercise each and every night. Keeping the players fit is important.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

I'm not going to say I won't go to any more games.  But as we were walking out tonight I asked my wife why we bother.  Drive 20 - 25 minutes each way.  $10 to park, $10 for waters, etc. 15 times a season on top of the tickets.  Really don't see this team being worth $100/game. 

Here are some things that just make me crazy:

Free throws.  They're called free for a reason.  Make them.

Our big guys get blocked down low on a regular basis. 

Our perimeter guys can't throw it in the gulf if standing on a pier. 

We don't make good entry passes to the post, either high or low.  In particular when the defenders

are in a zone and we try to force passes down low that get picked.  Also when we put a guy in the

high post and never get the ball to him because we don't move the ball quickly enough.

We pass up open looks early in the shot clock only to get a worse shot later.

As others have said, if we just shoot 40% and 65% from the field and line we have 3 more wins this season.  Just sad.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Perry and Egbunu are both shooting well over 50% from the field this year. Unfortunately Heath has gone the route of Seth Greenburg and only recruited athletic guards who cannot shoot.

When the best "sharpshooter" you have had in the last 10 years is Shaun Noriega then you know you have been ignoring shooting in recruiting.

Wow I was about to give up after again reading through 7 pages or more of a basketball game thread where the USF players got bashed with no mention of the guy that recruited them, the guy that suppose to be coaching them up, and the guy who loses big most seasons while players come and go.

I'm a member of several message boards including that of the Yankees and the 49ers, where these are historical winning franchises but the head coach or manager doesn't go without blame like Heath and these coaches and managers win. 

Of course I'm in the minority here, which is fine, and I'm sure these players will continue to get the blame for likely the many losses to still come. Somebody mentioned Shaun Noriega's name and he certainly took his share of criticism while a Bull. He got run off by Heath as did many others before him, but he is somebody that could probably help this season.

Oh well I'll just sit back and wait for the next loss and see how many pages of player blaming occurs. Peace

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Perry and Egbunu are both shooting well over 50% from the field this year. Unfortunately Heath has gone the route of Seth Greenburg and only recruited athletic guards who cannot shoot.

When the best "sharpshooter" you have had in the last 10 years is Shaun Noriega then you know you have been ignoring shooting in recruiting.

Wow I was about to give up after again reading through 7 pages or more of a basketball game thread where the USF players got bashed with no mention of the guy that recruited them, the guy that suppose to be coaching them up, and the guy who loses big most seasons while players come and go.

I'm a member of several message boards including that of the Yankees and the 49ers, where these are historical winning franchises but the head coach or manager doesn't go without blame like Heath and these coaches and managers win. 

Of course I'm in the minority here, which is fine, and I'm sure these players will continue to get the blame for likely the many losses to still come. Somebody mentioned Shaun Noriega's name and he certainly took his share of criticism while a Bull. He got run off by Heath as did many others before him, but he is somebody that could probably help this season.

Oh well I'll just sit back and wait for the next loss and see how many pages of player blaming occurs. Peace

Come on, Vega, you're not this stupid. Game threads are primarily about the players' performances. Only an obsessed buffoon would use it to constantly harp on the coach. He's not the one missing FT's and wide open shots ... not grabbing rebounds ... passing the ball to no one. After the game you want to criticize him for not having enough of the right players, fine .... and btw, Noriega would have contributed nothing to this team up to this point because he broke his foot again before the season even started.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,377
  • Days Won:  43

Come on, Vega, you're not this stupid. Game threads are primarily about the players' performances. Only an obsessed buffoon would use it to constantly harp on the coach. He's not the one missing FT's and wide open shots ... not grabbing rebounds ... passing the ball to no one. After the game you want to criticize him for not having enough of the right players, fine .... and btw, Noriega would have contributed nothing to this team up to this point because he broke his foot again before the season even started.

Now that!!! Is why Noriega's career at USF was pretty much done. It is sad to see AC dealing with injuries the past few seasons after his amazing freshman year. Maybe Vega has to start believing that the SUNDOME is built on an Indian burial ground??? Glad USF got to play off campus at the STPT Forum and make the tourney, or we may have never seen USF make the BIG DANCE again in our lifetime.