• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to cheer on O'Leary/UCF and the AAC:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I hope Baylor CRUSHES UCF

If it were USF vs Baylor, and you asked this in the UCF message board, do you honestly think the majority of UCF fans would root for USF?

USF would be wished well imho.

Not a chance.  We've been in the position of playing a high profile game many, many more times than UCF has and there was no love from O-Town.  (Did I mention MANY more times?)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

It's every man for himself in this new AAC conference. The worst our conference mates look, the better for us!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's every man for himself in this new AAC conference. The worst our conference mates look, the better for us!

Disagree. 

I wish nothing but good for our conference mates.

Except UCF. This time it's PERSONAL

Go Bears!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Will never root for UCF. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Will never root for UCF. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Not really ... If we're trying to get an Access bowl, the SOS will determine the ranking.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Conference "cheering" was never even a thing until the last 4-5 years. It basically stemmed from two things:

1. ESPN and their idiotic "conference rankings" - cool idea bro, let's just make a graphic to show that the power conferences are indeed power conferences and the mid majors are indeed mid majors. Uh oh, Boise State and the likes of Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Utah are having great seasons and skewing our results....better get on the phone and have them absorbed into the power conferences so we can keep using this redundant statistic and churn debate between SEC, Big10, and Big12 fans, gotta keep that advertising viewership up for the website.

2. Fans of SEC teams not named Florida, Alabama, or LSU (and kinda Auburn) - hey guys, our teams absolutely suck and no one takes the "wait til basketball season" chants seriously (looking at you, UK and Vandy fans), so let's cheer on our hated rivals because when they win, they make our 3-9 (0-8 in conference) season look SO much better. YES! I love that an SEC team is destroying a perennially over-matched B1G team in one of the three Florida New Year's Day bowls, and I'm SO excited that perennially mediocre [insert Mississippi/Arkansas/Tennessee/Kentucky] 6-6 bowl team is beating some crappy MAC or disinterested/snubbed Big12 team. WE'RE THE BEST! WE BEAT 6-6 PITT IN THE BBVA COMPASS MEINEKE BELK ADVOCARE FIGHT HUNGER PODUNK CREDIT UNION TULIP BOWL!!!!!!!!!! #1 #1 SEC! SEC! SEC!

That my friends, is why I will never actively root for anyone but my team. Sure, I will pick a favorite in each bowl game and hope for them to win (to the benefit of my fake gambling picks, or just out of pure lesser of two evils methods), but I refuse to go on anything but what seems like a logical, on-paper choice made by my knowledge of their season's success and failures.

Edit - this is not to be confused with conference "pride". Big Ten physical, three yards and a cloud of dust football and tradition is fine to be proud about. Strong academic standards and excellence in championships is the west coast/Pac10/12 mantra. The ACC has a proud basketball tradition, as did the Big East. The Big East had scrappy, physical teams who rose to the occasion. The MAC is full of action (and no defense). Be proud of your conference. I am proud of UCF for capitalizing on things, including a little luck, to win the conference and play in a big boy game. Doesn't mean Temple, USF, or Memphis is going to cheer for you... (Houston and SMU might since they probably just have natural hatred for Baylor as it is).

Edited by Danm1983

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not going to happen

hope baylor crushes orlando school

• Upvote 1