• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Sign 4 JUCO Players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt took heat from many on this Forum, senselessly I might add, because he took quite a few from the JUCO ranks. Now that Taggart's doing it, it's now somehow acceptable and preferred by those same charlatans. Special people on this Forum........short bus riders really. Bill Snyder at K-State has consistently lived off of great talent from the JUCO ranks and FSU is where they're at because they were able to pull in some studs from JUCO. Funny how the worm turns around this place, isn't it?

So your telling us that you personally remember people who negatively posted about CJL taking JUCO players? Seriously? Keep in mind that CJL left in 2009.

There wasn't a large faction of posters that were against it but some here definitely criticized CJL for it. Even within the segment of the board that wanted CJL gone the ones that were vocal about the number of jucos were a minority.

I don't doubt that there was a segment that were against it, heck there's always a segment that's negative about each subject. I take exception to this portion of his post "those same charlatans. Special people on this Forum........short bus riders really". I get the feeling that hbryan is just negative about CWT simply because he isn't CJL.

He also believes that Taggart Inherited a program that was a "Corvette".... So take anything he says with a grain of salt.

And Bull Dozer believes, not matter the coach, this team was lucky to get two wins this year and no one could have done better than Willie Taggart did.  See, I know how to play your game as well.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yup, I said a team coming off a 3-9 season, with a dumpster fire at QB, a terrible OL, no true playmakers on offense, a bad secondary, new systems on both sides of the ball, and a severe lack of talent and depth across the board was only winning two games no matter who the coach was. You said that same team and a football program who had dwindling attendance the season before, no meaningful program history, a weak Donor base, and a merger athletic budget was a Corvette. Yeah, maybe the body of a Corvette with a Geo metro engine under the hood and a bad transmission.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need good players. Hope these guys are

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yup, I said a team coming off a 3-9 season, with a dumpster fire at QB, a terrible OL, no true playmakers on offense, a bad secondary, new systems on both sides of the ball, and a severe lack of talent and depth across the board was only winning two games no matter who the coach was. You said that same team and a football program who had dwindling attendance the season before, no meaningful program history, a weak Donor base, and a merger athletic budget was a Corvette. Yeah, maybe the body of a Corvette with a Geo metro engine under the hood and a bad transmission.

Yep, you're right, I concede.  Without Willie Taggart, we would have lost by 100 points to McNeese State, FAU, and more.  You won, I concede, every player, every student, every person except for Willie ******* Taggart is absolute trash.  God thank you for the sake of Willie ******* Taggart or USF couldn't have hoped to get a single ******* win this season.  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Mayes is not a juco. He went to prep school, which is essentially another year of high school. He will have his full 5 years eligibility including the redshirt year.

Are you sure about the full 5? I thought the prep school ate up a year?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Also, if we hit who we want we'll probably have 7-8 juco transfers this year. Which is high for us but we have a lot of depth issues.

And this doesn't take into account any D-1 transfers that we may be able to land as well, right?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Mayes is not a juco. He went to prep school, which is essentially another year of high school. He will have his full 5 years eligibility including the redshirt year.

I'll confirm that yes, 100%.  He's got 5 years to play 4 still

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Nope.  It is effectively the same as high scool.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Also, if we hit who we want we'll probably have 7-8 juco transfers this year. Which is high for us but we have a lot of depth issues.

And this doesn't take into account any D-1 transfers that we may be able to land as well, right?

Correct. Jucos and high school guys count against the yearly cap and the 85 man total limit but transfers only count against the 85 man limit.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I want OL & RB !!!