• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Football Banquet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wonder how many of you complaining would have really went.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I never had any of those open to the public during my sports tenures. Families were allowed to come, but depending on schedules and where you lived, some just didn't make it. Some families didn't see it as a need to come, others just never passed the invite along. It happens.

I don't think 0-12 or 12-0 need to be open to the public. As a coach, the last thing I need is a bunch of possibly angry boosters prodding my players on why things didn't go this way or that way this year, and less opportunities for there to be a snake in the room looking to violate some NCAA laws (not that it would happen with us, but still). I'm sure there are other reasons.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Same percentage that declare they're giving up season tickets AND actually have season tickets.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Same percentage that declare they're giving up season tickets AND actually have season tickets.

+1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ha! I don't think you're that far off on that statement. :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Pretty sure Ricky would have been there ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Perhaps they are just waiting to get the program back on some firm footing. Having fans in the room probing players and coaches on 2-10 seasons probably isn't the best idea. But I agree that high-end donors should get to go as a perk for their commitment. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I would have been one of them. And some years we paid the extra $ to do the Premium package which included a cocktail hour with the coaches.  It was a great way to get to know them.  You felt a connection to the team/program.  It is how I met Coach Leavitt and Holtz and their wives.  It wasn't the type of event, at least I never saw it, where people got in the coaches faces.  It was a social event to celebrate the players and their accomplishments.  The players were always gracious as were the coaches and staff.

Plus the coaches from the other sports were there and got to meet Coaches Erickson, Prado and Fernandez at these events.  They used to have recruits show up for this as well.  A pretty good way for them to see a banquet room full of players, families and supporters.  There were 400 - 500 attending in total and it was an awesome event.  My guess is anyone on here that did bother to go wishes it would return to what it was. 

This is why I'm trying to stay away.  Because I miss an event that used to be wonderful, I'm some kind of cancer to this Board and the program.  Some of you must love arguing and disagreeing just for the sake of it. 

And to all of you who know everyone on the team, how many of their families went? 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I would have been one of them. And some years we paid the extra $ to do the Premium package which included a cocktail hour with the coaches.  It was a great way to get to know them.  You felt a connection to the team/program.  It is how I met Coach Leavitt and Holtz and their wives.  It wasn't the type of event, at least I never saw it, where people got in the coaches faces.  It was a social event to celebrate the players and their accomplishments.  The players were always gracious as were the coaches and staff.

Plus the coaches from the other sports were there and got to meet Coaches Erickson, Prado and Fernandez at these events.  They used to have recruits show up for this as well.  A pretty good way for them to see a banquet room full of players, families and supporters.  There were 400 - 500 attending in total and it was an awesome event.  My guess is anyone on here that did bother to go wishes it would return to what it was. 

This is why I'm trying to stay away.  Because I miss an event that used to be wonderful, I'm some kind of cancer to this Board and the program.  Some of you must love arguing and disagreeing just for the sake of it. 

And to all of you who know everyone on the team, how many of their families went? 

Which makes sense that Leavitt did it because Bill Snyder does it. Just depends on the coach.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

maybe it has something for do with costs