• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FWIW, Stanford crushed Arizona State tonight.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I say that because some want a coach that is a spread offensive type of coach like Todd Graham at ASU. A Stanford team that does the pro style and bruises teams using that runnig game crushed ASU tonight. Stanford is heading to Rose Bowl against Mich ST. Lets see how well that offense does against them. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Won't make me feel better until my Bulls start winning.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The point of the post is that Willie Taggart wants to have that Stanford offense at USF. I hope we get at least halfway to that level of Stanford. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Who cares. USF is not Stanford. There's no guarantee that USF will ever become like Stanford. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Who cares. USF is not Stanford. There's no guarantee that USF will ever become like Stanford. 

This!!!

I see these threads all time, usually after USF loses a FB game, which has been plentiful. Willie Taggart is Willie Taggart, not Jim Harbaugh, not John Harbaugh, and not Todd Graham. Just because you come from a certain coaching tree doesn't guarantee you will have the same great success as your mentor. Taggart like every other HC will have to write his own book and we'll just see how that goes in the future. Right now his 1st impression is that of a position coach on somebody's staff and not a head coach yet. Lot's to prove in the coming years.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Stanford gets players that are not only top athletes, but also top students.

They don't get wannabe-thugs like Aaron Lynch.

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Who cares?  Back in the day college teams either ran the pro-set or ran the option. Either system worked for teams that had the right talent.  

Taggart should know that, and if he does not, then he is an arrogant person who is not going to last long at any school.

Holtz tried to run the pro-set with the traditional drop back QB, an  Daniels was not a drop back passer.  Look how that turned out.  He wasted BJ' s last two years and then lost his job. 

Now we are worse with no QB.  We do not have the talent to compete with the AAC.  That is just pathetic.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I say that because some want a coach that is a spread offensive type of coach like Todd Graham at ASU. A Stanford team that does the pro style and bruises teams using that runnig game crushed ASU tonight. Stanford is heading to Rose Bowl against Mich ST. Lets see how well that offense does against them. 

When do you think that you will finally realize that CWT is NO Jim Harbaugh?  Another year, just like this year, will it finally cement in your brain then?  USF will never be like Stanford with CWT as our HC.  Maybe we can get lucky and pull out an occasional 7-5 season playing against weak competition but please stop with the Stanford comparisons just because CWT worked there under a much better CFB coach than he will ever be.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

When do you think that you will finally realize that CWT is NO Jim Harbaugh?  Another year, just like this year, will it finally cement in your brain then?  USF will never be like Stanford with CWT as our HC.  Maybe we can get lucky and pull out an occasional 7-5 season playing against weak competition but please stop with the Stanford comparisons just because CWT worked there under a much better CFB coach than he will ever be.

Taggart is 37 years old  and in his 4th year as a head coach. you have no clue what type of coach he will turn out to be.

Stanford went 4-8 and then 5-7 in Harbaugh's first 2 years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I'll probably need two years. WKU went 2-10 Taggart's first year and followed it up with two 7-5 seasons. The offense requires more intelligence and precision of execution than we're accustomed to at USF. Whether it is personnel or learning curve, there seems to be many issues to address that won't be remedied overnight... especially with a team that was already playing poorly when he took it over (much like WKU).

Then again, this has all been said a million times and morons on this board refuse to let any of this seep through those thick skulls, so I'm not really sure why I'm even posting. Saying that CWT will never be Harbaugh because of this season is easily one of the dumbest arguments that I've seen on this board AND I've seen a lot of dumb comments. Poor initial seasons only reinforce the concept of his likeness to Harbaugh.

Edited by Raetus