• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FWIW, Stanford crushed Arizona State tonight.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I say that because some want a coach that is a spread offensive type of coach like Todd Graham at ASU. A Stanford team that does the pro style and bruises teams using that runnig game crushed ASU tonight. Stanford is heading to Rose Bowl against Mich ST. Lets see how well that offense does against them.

Worst comparison ever if you're trying to say we're going to look like Stanford any time soon.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I say that because some want a coach that is a spread offensive type of coach like Todd Graham at ASU. A Stanford team that does the pro style and bruises teams using that runnig game crushed ASU tonight. Stanford is heading to Rose Bowl against Mich ST. Lets see how well that offense does against them.

Worst comparison ever if you're trying to say we're going to look like Stanford any time soon.

stanford was 4-8 harbaughs first year with the 107th ranked offense.

their dark clouders probably thought the same way ours do.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

As soon as we start pulling Stanford level recruits, I'll become more optimistic.

As soon as we start pulling Stanford level recruits, I'll become more optimistic.

when we start playing stanford level competition then we might need stanford level recruits. until then we will do just fine pulling AAC level recruits against AAC competition.

it took harbaugh awhile to get things turned around. 4-8 to 5-7 then 8-5 but he laid a great foundation for that program for sustained success. he had the 107th ranked offense his first year. brought in Gerhart his second year (under running backs coach Willie Taggart) and improved to the 19th ranked rushing offense (still had 103rd rated passing offense).

it will take time to build this program the right way. anyone looking for quick fixes will be disappointed.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Stanford is a prestigious school in a good conference...we are usf. Not saying cwt can't polish this turd but we will never have the players Stanford has.

Stanford is a prestigious school in a good conference...we are usf. Not saying cwt can't polish this turd but we will never have the players Stanford has.

and we will never have to play the type of competition stanford has to with the players they get. I don't get why people don't understand this. we aren't playing oregon, usc, ucla, et .

the system works and honestly the foundation put in place by harbaugh with this system has allowed stanford to sustain their success.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

and we will never have to play the type of competition stanford has to with the players they get. I don't get why people don't understand this. we aren't playing oregon, usc, ucla, et .

the system works and honestly the foundation put in place by harbaugh with this system has allowed stanford to sustain their success.

He made it work somewhat at wku so it should work at usf...just don't expect it at the level of Stanford.

I mean wku would beat us now.

He made it work somewhat at wku so it should work at usf...just don't expect it at the level of Stanford.

should we run oregon's offense? won't we have trouble getting that level of recruit? would we run it as efficiently?or auburn's system? again do you expect us to get their level of recruit and run it as effectively?

personally I think this sytem is ideal for our program.

thought Leavitt should have gone to a run first offense that goes great with a very good defense. I think our level of recruits can be very good at defense as has been proven.

Stanford has the 90th rated passing offense this year. Ohio State the 91st and Michigan state the 89th. They are run first and play great defense. takes the pressure off of finding a great QB.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Well that should tell you something!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I'll probably need two years. WKU went 2-10 Taggart's first year and followed it up with two 7-5 seasons. The offense requires more intelligence and precision of execution than we're accustomed to at USF. Whether it is personnel or learning curve, there seems to be many issues to address that won't be remedied overnight... especially with a team that was already playing poorly when he took it over (much like WKU).

Then again, this has all been said a million times and morons on this board refuse to let any of this seep through those thick skulls, so I'm not really sure why I'm even posting. Saying that CWT will never be Harbaugh because of this season is easily one of the dumbest arguments that I've seen on this board AND I've seen a lot of dumb comments. Poor initial seasons only reinforce the concept of his likeness to Harbaugh.

I should make this post my signature.  Great post.