• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White is the future

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Based on this game alone White has to work on his deep passing. He missed Dunkley at least three times during the UCF game. Completing one of those passes opens up the run game. With this offense the quarterback is key both mental and physical.

That was my big critique as well.

Need to hit that deep ball.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Based on this game alone White has to work on his deep passing. He missed Dunkley at least three times during the UCF game. Completing one of those passes opens up the run game. With this offense the quarterback is key both mental and physical.

It appeared to me that Dunkley quit on one of those and didn't even look for the ball on the other

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It appeared to me that Dunkley quit on one of those and didn't even look for the ball on the other

There was one where the ball was thrown to the right sideline but Dunkley turned to the middle of the field instead of the sideline ... not sure if that's the one of the ones you're referring to, but that seemed like a miscommunication between Dunkley and White.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

After watching Grothe and McDaniels I guess I expect a lot more.  I've also watched Julmiste so I am not altogether disillusioned.  I would like to see a lot of more competition at that position.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

this kid just started college at USF... 3 months ago? Maybe 5 if he went during the summer?

He's got amazing talent, he has a cannon for an arm 

Give him some time to sync up and built up the rapport with the receivers and offense, he's only going to get stronger, faster, more accurate, and more confident

His spirals come out tight, he knows how to throw a football 

I see an incredible amount of potential with him. This guy just went to his high school prom a couple months ago, and he's playing college football today. Basically, he's a high school kid playing with and against seasoned college athletes, with 3, 4, 5 years of experience and growth

His red-shirt was burned in effort to save what's left of this season. The thought of him starting 3 months ago would have been laughable, and he's done pretty good for being thrown into this situation.

Let's not forget, he has thrown some amazing passes that were DROPPED by the receivers. He hit them square in the hands.... dropped

Many could have been touchdowns!

There is plenty of blame to go all the way around, but considering the circumstances, he's done really good in my opinion 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I'll give you that, Mike.  It's just that the long in the tooth fans are kind of spoiled with great quarterbacks coming up from no where.  It would be great if White were the "One".  We just need a team around him.  Shaw looks good...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

One of my favorite plays by White last night was when he was about to be sacked and stepped up in the pocket and had a defender just about to bring him down and he had the composure to find Shaw out of the back field for a first down.  Showed great pocket awareness.

Heads up play by the true freshman!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Kid will be fine he has a lot of potential...get some more playmakers around him and he has more experience with offensive system with a good defense this team will be back.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

He is just a true freshman who will make mistakes. This is expected and should get better. He has been an upgrade over anyone else. I am looking forward to watching him next season

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

We've seem the guy throw accurate passes. I'm happy about this guy going into next year. Having another Qb is probably a good idea anyway since we are so thin there.