• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Denzel Ward - OT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Size don't  automatically give you playing time. Just ask 6-5 340 Jeremi Hall.

Have you watched the film???? Leverage is what line play is all about. This guy is as quick at #310 as anyone I've ever seen.  His size is not what I am talking about. He is a World Champion in Judo and has completed 2 seasons wrestling without a defeat. WTF does this have to do with Jeremi Hall?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Size don't automatically give you playing time. Just ask 6-5 340 Jeremi Hall.

Have you watched the film???? Leverage is what line play is all about. This guy is as quick at #310 as anyone I've ever seen. His size is not what I am talking about. He is a World Champion in Judo and has completed 2 seasons wrestling without a defeat. WTF does this have to do with Jeremi Hall?

Think we was talking about Ward who needs to get rid of a lot of bad weight before he sees the field

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I just went back to look at Jeremi Hall's recruiting profiles and rivals had his max bench at 265...if that's true, no wonder he only played a few snaps last season. Can't be right though, I bench more than that and weigh 180.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Size don't automatically give you playing time. Just ask 6-5 340 Jeremi Hall.

Have you watched the film???? Leverage is what line play is all about. This guy is as quick at #310 as anyone I've ever seen. His size is not what I am talking about. He is a World Champion in Judo and has completed 2 seasons wrestling without a defeat. WTF does this have to do with Jeremi Hall?

Think we was talking about Ward who needs to get rid of a lot of bad weight before he sees the field

In wards case, I agree. but even though we are in his thread, the comment was a bit of a non sequitur.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

How do you guys know ward isn't athletic or strong enough? Have you looked at his offer list? Michigan, Ohio state, Florida, Oklahoma, Ucla etc. That too me is a good indicator than the star rating system of how potentially good a player could be in the next level. Not saying he will be good, but that many top schools are trying to get this guy and the main reason is that they think he can play right away.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Very rarely do lineman see the field in the first year. Especially in this type of offense.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

How do you guys know ward isn't athletic or strong enough? Have you looked at his offer list? Michigan, Ohio state, Florida, Oklahoma, Ucla etc. That too me is a good indicator than the star rating system of how potentially good a player could be in the next level. Not saying he will be good, but that many top schools are trying to get this guy and the main reason is that they think he can play right away.

You believe that offer list...and that it's down to Cuse & USF.  Bokay.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Idk about all of his attributes, but I do know this:

-He WAS a Michigan commit

-We need O line help

-He has potential

-We are filling up this class fast

Kid needs to make a decision, and soon.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

Jup, every scouting site I checked lists these schools as his offers. These offers are from major programs who routinely get good O-line recruits. I will trust these coaches evaluation over any writer's star/rank opinions from these scouting sites. He is down to cuse and the bulls since he knows he has a very good chance of starting right away.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Jup, every scouting site I checked lists these schools as his offers. These offers are from major programs who routinely get good O-line recruits. I will trust these coaches evaluation over any writer's star/rank opinions from these scouting sites. He is down to cuse and the bulls since he knows he has a very good chance of starting right away.

And I will trust the opinions of coaches at IMG who said he didn't put in the time in the weight room, follow the meal plan and was so inflexible he couldn't get in a 3 point stance.