• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I feel terrible for USF football right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Hey Bull Daly, are you a mod trying to stir up traffic on the board? 

If there's one that's not needed on this board for a few days after a loss is something to stir traffic .... Some people just have a little narcisstic side and want to see their name on a thread title.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

If there's one that's not needed on this board for a few days after a loss is something to stir traffic .... Some people just have a little narcisstic side and want to see their name on a thread title.

It is just a terrible feeling for this program. I will never forget the days when RJS security had to take down the goal post because our crazy students used to try to rip them down. Now, I don't even think they bother worrying about that. It is sad, really. Glad I was able to experience it all, but I feel bad for the new USF fans that have to go through this mess. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

It is just a terrible feeling for this program. I will never forget the days when RJS security had to take down the goal post because our crazy students used to try to rip them down. Now, I don't even think they bother worrying about that. It is sad, really. Glad I was able to experience it all, but I feel bad for the new USF fans that have to go through this mess. 

I still get a chuckle when they announce the mandatory PSA about coming onto the field ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I still get a chuckle when they announce the mandatory PSA about coming onto the field ...

Maybe they're worried someone will try and suit up to play?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Ha! Cops outnumber fans 2-1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You think threads like this are attracting readers?

Or performances like the one last night, against Memphis, FAU, or even McNeese State? This team has issues, and we're going to keep hemorrhaging butts in seats.

I think the hemorrhaging is over, the flow is now down to a slow stream as we have pretty much been exsanguinated.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

No, I am just feeling down for the program right now and using this board to vent. Not sure how the program will get turned around. I just cant see it right now. We have been patient but maybe we are not patient enough. Also, the early success of this program has really got me down cause it is now all gone. 

LOL

This year isn't even over and you think you've been patient??

Give it 3 years (including this one)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121912aaa.html

If we are going to build a stadium, we need to look at building something similar to this stadium which is estimated to cost around $105 million.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

No, I am just feeling down for the program right now and using this board to vent. Not sure how the program will get turned around. I just cant see it right now. We have been patient but maybe we are not patient enough. Also, the early success of this program has really got me down cause it is now all gone. 

LOL

This year isn't even over and you think you've been patient??

Give it 3 years (including this one)

Nobody wants to hear that! There were people on here that thought that by virtue of plugging in a new coach (akin to swapping out a defective part) that all of a sudden the machine was back to 7-wins-and-a-bowl status. Gotta ride this one out, take the lumps. Sad but true, the final two Holtzian years were not part of a rebuilding scheme, so although it's painful, it's not part of the package. The first season of rebuilding IS NOT EVEN IN THE BOOKS YET! Anyone complaining about having been patient and being dissatisfied is just fooling themselves. We have a ways to go and as fans, we've been spared the heavy lifting of figuring out how to get back to winning ways (although the depth of coaching experience on this board suggests otherwise), as we've hired a coach who has to handle that. 

As for the benefits of that OCS as opposed to paying rent at RayJ...lemme make sure I got this straight...attendance, and to a degree revenue, has dropped and we want to stop renting and take on the requisite debt to build something else? Did I get that right? Cause my line of thinking is, not unlike getting back to winning, that OCS is gonna take time. And by that I'm speaking in terms of decades, not increments of ~ 80% of a season. I don't see how taking on some construction project is going to garner support or tally up wins. I doubt people go to stadiums to admire the architecture...more than once. They're eventually gonna be concerned about what happens on that field. And and a sparsely populated OCS is not overly different than a sparsely populated RayJ. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

You think threads like this are attracting readers?

Or performances like the one last night, against Memphis, FAU, or even McNeese State? This team has issues, and we're going to keep hemorrhaging butts in seats.
I think the hemorrhaging is over, the flow is now down to a slow stream as we have pretty much been exsanguinated.

FIFY, didn't see enough emphasis on that GRE-level word... :GoBulls:  Gotta use it while you have it.