• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I feel terrible for USF football right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

It is a mess.  Not sure how it will get turned around, but there is a lot of work to do. I never thought it would get this bad. 14K in the stands and maybe less next season.  The only thing I can hope for now is a small but cozy OCS that seats around 30K to 40K. Have that on campus to generate some revenue from concessions, parking, etc.  It is cleary obvious that the city of Tampa does not support when things are down, so why should USF continue to play at RJS and pay rent? No point. Would be better to play day games and save on the light bill at RJS.  14K is terrible. What a mess. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

So one of the other 25 threads about the state of USF football weren't worthy of this ...?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Who will donate the money needed for an OCS? Good luck getting people to pony up millions of dollars to support the crap performance on the field.

Who will donate the money needed for an OCS? Good luck getting people to pony up millions of dollars to support the crap performance on the field.

The same people that helped donate for the SunDome renovations, baseball, soccer, softball field. It will he tough as hell to get the funding. But USF has to get it done as it is an investment. You cant look at how the investment looks right now, you have to look years down the road. Look at how UCF, FAU, Tulane, etc have done it. If anything, this season has taught USF that a high priced expensive OCS is not necessary. They can build one for cheaper with the options to build on. Just need to get more revenue from parking, concessions. Also get the USF campus rocking. The RJS experient has run its coarse I am afraid. Will always be empty. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Hey Bull Daly, are you a mod trying to stir up traffic on the board? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You think threads like this are attracting readers?

Edited by JTrue

Hey Bull Daly, are you a mod trying to stir up traffic on the board? 

No, I am just feeling down for the program right now and using this board to vent. Not sure how the program will get turned around. I just cant see it right now. We have been patient but maybe we are not patient enough. Also, the early success of this program has really got me down cause it is now all gone. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The same people that helped donate for the SunDome renovations, baseball, soccer, softball field. It will he tough as hell to get the funding. But USF has to get it done as it is an investment. You cant look at how the investment looks right now, you have to look years down the road. Look at how UCF, FAU, Tulane, etc have done it. If anything, this season has taught USF that a high priced expensive OCS is not necessary. They can build one for cheaper with the options to build on. Just need to get more revenue from parking, concessions. Also get the USF campus rocking. The RJS experient has run its coarse I am afraid. Will always be empty.

I agree with the idea, but my point is that it will be a very hard sell and in my opinion many years before we can obtain the proper funding to even start such a project.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

You think threads like this are attracting readers?

Or performances like the one last night, against Memphis, FAU, or even McNeese State? This team has issues, and we're going to keep hemorrhaging butts in seats.

I agree with the idea, but my point is that it will be a very hard sell and in my opinion many years before we can obtain the proper funding to even start such a project.

We pretty much need to get the field house built 1st  before we can get that OCS talk going. But I am more convinced after this season that USF needs to get more serious about the investment. Especially with the rumors of the residential village going up on campus. Hopefully around the next 15 or so years and OCS will be feasible.