• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is hope for this team in the future.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

As ugly as these games have been, and they have been UGLY, the offense has been able to move the ball with White at QB. 

White is a true freshman, and he plays like it, but you have to think he will only get better given a full offseason in Taggart's system. He is accurate and sees the field well. His interceptions have been a result of forcing passes that aren't there when we need quick scores late in the game.

The same could be said for the penalties. Taggart knows this is unacceptable. The illegal formations and false starts can be fixed (not sure about Lynch's or Price's issues). 

I'm not an optimist, we are likely going to get buried by UCF, and it will be rock bottom. However, I see where Taggart is trying to take this team, it's just going to take longer than 10 games to get there.

This may be the most inaccurate post I have ever read.

Please, do explain.

Taggart was handed a turd and is trying to turn it into a winning team. It isn't going to happen overnight.

This team is bad, really bad, but it will get better.

All fans of new coaches say they inherited turds. We are the WORST TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Arkansas, Kentucky, Cal, Purdue...All new big hire head coaches this year...all inherited turds...all are struggling. It takes time to turn things around at programs much larger than USF, I don't know why we should expect instant success.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm surprised at the number of people acting like they expected a 6-6 or better season. I was under the impression that at the beginning of the season we all agreed we were lacking. Heck even before the season started even the most optimistic person was shooting for a 5-7 season after last year's crap-fest. There was no real expectation to go to a bowl game. Didn't help when our one running threat got hurt either.

Taggart has some work ahead of him but it is only year one. He has at least 2 or three more years ahead of him. We can't all have the instant success of the Urban Meyer hire. I have no problem with a Stanford style offense if it wins some games next season. Give it time. There is hope for the future of the program with Taggart's recruiting.

I can only speak for myself. I was not expecting a bowl game, but I don't care what level of football you are playing. Fans of any team can expect to score an offensive touchdown once in a while. We don't even have the capability of threatening to score a TD.

Once Davis didn't get in to the end zone I had zero confidence we would score. 3 penalties in a row is not threatening to score.

10 games in to the season there should be something pointing to improvement. There is zero. None.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

I dont think it would be as bad if we had a basic understanding of what taggart is doing, where the aeministration stands, etc. I mean, did taggart even make any post game comments? Havent seen any. Even so i doubt they are valuable, insightful views on what is going on

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm surprised at the number of people acting like they expected a 6-6 or better season. I was under the impression that at the beginning of the season we all agreed we were lacking. Heck even before the season started even the most optimistic person was shooting for a 5-7 season after last year's crap-fest. There was no real expectation to go to a bowl game. Didn't help when our one running threat got hurt either.

Taggart has some work ahead of him but it is only year one. He has at least 2 or three more years ahead of him. We can't all have the instant success of the Urban Meyer hire. I have no problem with a Stanford style offense if it wins some games next season. Give it time. There is hope for the future of the program with Taggart's recruiting.

I can only speak for myself. I was not expecting a bowl game, but I don't care what level of football you are playing. Fans of any team can expect to score an offensive touchdown once in a while. We don't even have the capability of threatening to score a TD.

Once Davis didn't get in to the end zone I had zero confidence we would score. 3 penalties in a row is not threatening to score.

10 games in to the season there should be something pointing to improvement. There is zero. None.

agree!  First and goal on the 2 and come up empty.  Fumble on the goal line last week. 

I didn't expect a winning season but what I have seen is unacceptable and after the 10th game of the season coach says they are not mentally tough.

• Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

He's taken this team nowhere and has shown no improvement. White is 0-3 and has 7+ turnovers in 3 games. That is not any better than the other 3 qbs

That is my main issue. If we were losing and things were at least improving a little bit I would be able to deal. But things are arguably getting worse. I don't want to hear anymore about how bad our talent is because even with how bad they are, adjustments are able to be made (coaching), improvements are able to be made (coaching) and none of those are happening.

However, White is better than the other 3 and that's pretty clear.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Somehow this team turned first and goal from the two into first and goal from the 17.  But that isn't the worst thing I saw.

It is week nine, and we still have kick returners trying to run the ball out from nine yards deep in the end zone.  How can this not have been fixed yet!?!?!?!?

We have one of the worst offenses in football, and instead of downing the ball so we can start at the 25, we keep trying to be a hero and time and again return kicks to short of the 25.  Not once have we fielded a kickoff in the end zone, run it out and gotten at least to the 25. NOT ONCE!!!

And somehow the coaching staff allows these guys to keep putting our offense in a hole over and over and over and over again.  

Seriously??????????

After Dunkley was incredibly stupid and turned an opportunity to start at the 25 into starting from the five, he disappeared from the kick return unit.  So I'm thinking to myself "Finally!"  after nine games the coaching staff actually tries to fix a problem!

So the next kickoff Shaw fields five yards deep and tries to run it back and comes up short of the 25 again!

Unfreakingbelievable!!!!!!

They need to really market this angle and explain it to fans. The fan enthusiasm is super low at these games. Everyone that's left is pulling for them...

Fan enthusiasm is low because the product on the field is painfully boring.  There are more people in the stadium playing with their cell phones than watching the game.

If they were losing like 35-31, at least it would be somewhat exciting.

Exactly. Not only are we awful, it is so boring to watch. 2 yard run, 3 yard run, incompletion, punt. 1 yard run, incompletion, 4 yard pass, punt. Average of like 5.5-6 yards per pass attempt. Pathetic.

I see nothing to point to from this offense to build upon.

White has moved the ball to the opponents 40. Nothing more.

People in this country don't like watch soccer because there is no scoring. We take 8 minute drives to move the ball to the opponents 40 then either punt the ball or try 52 yard field field goals. We score less times than they do in a soccer game. No wonder why no one wants to watch our games.

Not only are we losing, but there is zero entertainment value with this team. No star power, no exciting players, an unexciting coach.

This team has no personality, no heart and no identity.

Everyone from the coaching staff to the players look like they are going through the motions of playing.

Agreed. The boring play stems from the system that Taggart runs. Look at temple 1-10, but they are fun to watch. Can put up points and have an exciting dual threat QB. 

USF will keep the die hard fans and other fans prior to Taggart but will have a heck of a hard time gaining "new" non die hard football fans because even if we are winning it is just flat out boring there is no other way to describe it.

Redshirt freshman backup QB Neal Burcham only played a few snaps in ONE game prior to tonite. He came in and shredded our defense for 100 yards passing and a TD. Other than one Hail Mary at the end of the game, we couldn't do ANYTHING. This team is terrible and CWT can't coach them. He makes poor play calls and our team is too dumb/unable to execute them.

Maybe cwt should just recruit and let someone else run the offense

Couldn't agree more. The guy can recruit so well but good lord he cannot run an offense. I don't expect him to put up 30 points a game but this guy can't make any adjustments or have any kind of improvement?? RED FLAG