• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football post-Holtz, what are your feelings so far?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I will say 2 things:

1) CWT has far better clock management abilities (Not going for the element of surprise and not using available timeouts in redzone...CSH lol)

2) Defense is getting better each game (Too much bending AND breaking last year!!)

Can we we judge the time management skills? We've been in one game all year

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Post- Mike White's first game I feel MUCH better about our future.

Prior to that. Not so much.

Did you know the last time South Carolina was 0-12 was a Holtz led year? Dad and Skippy.

I know you're just trying to be funny, but South Carolina was one of the worst programs in America when they brought Lou Holtz in, and he built the foundation for where they are today.

Simply stating a fact. Another fact, Skippy was gone after that.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I am feeling better after the Houston game.  Mike White has given me some confidence, and I like the way everyone around him stepped up during the last game.

At first, I was very disappointed.  As bad as Holtz was, there is still no excuse for getting blown out by McNeese at home or getting beaten down by FAU.  No excuse.

I feel better now that I am seeing what coach T is doing.  He is actually putting a system in place, and it is going to take some time, but I think that it will pay off with the right personel in place.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

For Holtz, I won't say that it was strictly a lack of talent. I think he did recruit some talent, just not enough plus he left holes at key positions. What I am really starting to realize is that under his watch there was apparently pretty poor player development.

It has been well documented that Stanford's offense is our model. If you watched the game the other night the announcers kept talking about how their offense (specifically their back and OL) would wear the defense down throughout the game.

Then compare that to Taggart's comments when he first got here about our guys not being anywhere near strong enough. We also are not going to wear anyone down with a 185 RB.

In the case of the RB it is a case of developing the young guys and getting the right guys in here. After a full year and moving forward the lines and everyone else will get stronger given the correct training.

Next year should be a different story. I expect to be more competitive week in week out.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did you know the last time South Carolina was 0-12 was a Holtz led year? Dad and Skippy.

I know you're just trying to be funny, but South Carolina was one of the worst programs in America when they brought Lou Holtz in, and he built the foundation for where they are today.

If we're playing the facts game, CWT has the lowest winning percentage of any coach USF has ever had or hired.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

If we're playing the facts game, CWT has the lowest winning percentage of any coach USF has ever had or hired.

So is 0-0 considered 0% or 100%?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

leavitt left program in bad shape

Surprise, surprise, smazza gets it wrong again.  

Maybe you forgot we had 0 receivers when Leavitt "left".  The offense was bad, which was the only thing Skip did relatively well.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So is 0-0 considered 0% or 100%?

He has a lower winning percentage than CJL and CSH.

He had a lower winning percentage as head coach than CSH did on his arrival.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I feel better, but I don't think the talent is as "bad" as most around here do.  Taggart changed the USF offense completely.  Completely different players are needed.  For example, last year we barely used a traditional fullback and now it is a key position on the offense.  Last year we often didn't have any TE on the field, now we have two or three.

If someone had come in running a spread offense we'd have looked a whole lot better.

Still, Taggart seems to have upped the quality of recruiting and has a definite method to his madness, which one could argue wasn't there before.

Finally, I hope one day soon we can stop preceding every topic with Holtz bashing or Leavitt loving.  CWT is the coach and the past is the past.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I feel better, but I don't think the talent is as "bad" as most around here do.  Taggart changed the USF offense completely.  Completely different players are needed.  For example, last year we barely used a traditional fullback and now it is a key position on the offense.  Last year we often didn't have any TE on the field, now we have two or three.

If someone had come in running a spread offense we'd have looked a whole lot better.

Still, Taggart seems to have upped the quality of recruiting and has a definite method to his madness, which one could argue wasn't there before.

Finally, I hope one day soon we can stop preceding every topic with Holtz bashing or Leavitt loving.  CWT is the coach and the past is the past.

This is pretty spot on.