• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Refs: Conspiracy theory

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I HATE blaming losses on refs, and won't say the BS call of OPI on Davis cost us the game (but it would have put a TON of pressure on their freshman QB, down 1 or 3 points, with maybe one possession left).

But when the ratio is 19 to 4, it makes you wonder (yes, there were a ton of obvious, dumb ones for 5 yards each).  170 yards is hard to overcome v any team.

The facemark on Ward was BS...he was fighting off the ballcarrier who just shoved his hand in Ward's face.

The facemask on Lynch sucked, because it seemed he just glanced it, and didn't move the head at all.  That was a 30 yard net impact.

But conspiracy?  I don't do those either, typically. 

But over coffee this morning, I was lamenting these issues, and a buddy of mine (a Canes fan) said, "Are you kidding me?  Of course you guys got jobbed.  No offenese, but the AAC sucks this year, except for Louisville, UCF and maybe Houston.  So, the AAC wants as many teams to be in/near the Top 25, or at least have good records & get good bowls.  They don't want a 2 win team knocking out a 6 win team.  It waters down an already weak conference.  It was clear that only the very obvious would be called on Houston, and anything close would be called on USF.  Look at the Houston OPI after the Davis OPI.  One ref threw the flag, then was talked out of it.  Flagrant.  You guys got jobbed.  But, you found a QB and awoke your team for the first time in over a year.  You'll be fine".

I didn't think of that angle, and I know how Canes fans have that "us against the world" attitude, but it does make me wonder. Could it BE that blatant?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

If we tackle we take all of that out of the game.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

It certainly felt like conspiracy.  I can say that because I am just a fan :D

Watching that game was like horse bleep but I am super excited about the team again.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Yes that theory would explain last nights game but how in the hell does it explain rutgers in 07.  Weren't we #2 in the country???

That was epic levels of butt hurt for me at Hooters that night.  Last night was like tossing a hotdog down a hallway in comparison if you catch my drift.

Same exact ref according to Voodooo5.

conspiracy.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

While I can buy the theory, I can't get over that if we also would have tackled well, we would have won. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If we tackle we take all of that out of the game.

Mostly true.  The one that killed me the most was the quick slant for 10, with Ward just slipping off...turning it into a 40 yard TD.  Of course, zero safety help.  Our true freshman on their best WR with no safety help.  Makes sense.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

They did seem a little too eager to promote the importance of that Houston-UCF matchup while the game was still within reach :stirpot:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Yes that theory would explain last nights game but how in the hell does it explain rutgers in 07.  Weren't we #2 in the country???

That was epic levels of butt hurt for me at Hooters that night.  Last night was like tossing a hotdog down a hallway in comparison if you catch my drift.

conspiracy.jpg

We try not to talk about that Rutgers game. Worst call I have ever seen.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

conspiracy.jpg

We try not to talk about that Rutgers game. Worst call I have ever seen.

Ohh I know we try to block that out, but with it being the same ref, it warrants opening old wounds.