• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White's success: Any impact on recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I call shenanigans. You're either a 2 star or a no star. White became a 3 star when he verballed with us and they evaluated him.

He was either a two star or NR until word got out that Miss St offered, that is per Auman.

He might have been a 2 star, but the first time I looked him up on Rivals he was a 3 star when I saw he committed. Either way, he was without a doubt, not a 1 star.

Two weeks before signing day Miss St offered and that's when it changed to 3 star, again per GA.

And when was he a 1 star?

That was an error on my part, he was either NR or 2 star, ok?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Ok, so let's summarize. Quinton Flowers verbaled to USF over offers from major schools including Nebraska. At the time Mike White was on the bench so that did not intimidate Flowers even though White won a state championship, played baseball and was offered by juggernaut Mississippi State..

But now because White has played one game and looked ok but lost. So now it suddenly becomes intimidating that White played baseball and was offered by Mississippi State?

Don't downplay the Miss St offer, White went from a 1 star to 3 star recruit as soon as word got out.

:facepalm:

You'd don't understand the respect SEC scouts are afforded by the recruiting websites?

The fact that MSU currently has 8 ** commits kind of puts a damper on that observation ....

And as for the move from the coaches box to sidelines of The DC being requested by CWT, that was said on TV.

I assume you responded with that on the relevant thread so I'll address it there ...

And yes, top 25 teams have back ups transfer, Bench is a prime example and it happened recently at Texas a&m.

No idea why you said that in this Reply ...

Ok, so let's summarize. Quinton Flowers verbaled to USF over offers from major schools including Nebraska. At the time Mike White was on the bench so that did not intimidate Flowers even though White won a state championship, played baseball and was offered by juggernaut Mississippi State..But now because White has played one game and looked ok but lost. So now it suddenly becomes intimidating that White played baseball and was offered by Mississippi State?

Don't downplay the Miss St offer, White went from a 1 star to 3 star recruit as soon as word got out.
:facepalm:
You'd don't understand the respect SEC scouts are afforded by the recruiting websites?
The fact that MSU currently has 8 ** commits kind of puts a damper on that observation .... 

And as for the move from the coaches box to sidelines of The DC being requested by CWT, that was said on TV.

I assume you responded with that on the relevant thread so I'll address it there ... 

And yes, top 25 teams have back upI s transfer, Bench is a prime example and it happened recently at Texas a&m.

No idea why you said that in this Reply ...

Well let's hear your explanation. and were those 2 stars NR before being recruited?

I' m replying with a new iPad, ever try it? Responding to forums I don't consider it's strongest feature so far, so I was consolidating my responses (typing in screen, the app you are using crashes, etc) and commented on the notion presented that backup qbs rarely transfer. On that subject, Florida and South Carolina can be added to the list whose had backups leave.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Recruits parents do read. Seldom seen or something I recall was a parent.

Seldom Seen/Double Down passed himself off as AW's dad, but I'm still quite skeptical about that.

Had to check top of post to see the original topic. Oh its Quinton FLowers, I think.

He's coming to USF since its his only offer, so far, for playing QB and not WR. Has White played well enough to cement that position for the next 3 or 4 years? If so, will Flowers still want to come? Or if Flowers gets another QB offer where it looks like he has a better chance of starting next season will he decommit and go there? And if he comes, will he leave if he doesn't get the starting job next season or the one after, like has happened at numerous schools recently? Those are the pertinent questions that arose in relation to Flowers since the Houston game (not if there are such things as 1 star recruits or how an SEC offer changes a players rating).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Seldom Seen/Double Down passed himself off as AW's dad, but I'm still quite skeptical about that.

Didn't he post a pic of AW's supposed younger brother at the Bulls store at the Dome? If it wasn't him, it was someone who had serious problems to go to extremes ...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Mike white played one good game we lost. Let's not crown him as the next coming. If flowers, or anyone else, believes they have the chops to come in and take the job nothing white has shown makes that impossible.

I expect cwt to recruit guys every year to take the place of the guys here already. Just like he said he would.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good players want to play with good players

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Good players want to play with good players

They also believe they will come and take someone's job and aren't scared of competition.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The guy knew an awful lot about what was happening with AW to not be someone very close to the situation.