• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White's success: Any impact on recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Recruits parents do read. Seldom seen or something I recall was a parent.

Seldom Seen/Double Down passed himself off as AW's dad, but I'm still quite skeptical about that.

The guy knew an awful lot about what was happening with AW to not be someone very close to the situation.
Really? What inside information did he deliver?

Everything he said about the Elite 11 comp was on TV. He tried to tell us ESPN was racist until AW became the #1 QB. He tried to get someone to make him a website. And he promised AW was a rock solid commit.

Edited by JTrue
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Seldom Seen/Double Down passed himself off as AW's dad, but I'm still quite skeptical about that.
The guy knew an awful lot about what was happening with AW to not be someone very close to the situation.

Everything he said about the Elite 11 comp was on TV. He tried to tell us ESPN was racist until AW became the #1 QB. He tried to get someone to make him a website. And he promised AW was a rock solid commit.

The Elite 11 stuff didn't air until weeks later.

So you're saying he broke the news of AW's win? You need to take a stroll through that thread.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So you're saying he broke the news of AW's win? You need to take a stroll through that thread.

There is no "taking a stroll" through that thread.  And this isn't worth discussing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

There is no "taking a stroll" through that thread.  And this isn't worth discussing.

Man, this was NOT meant to devolve into an AW discussion.

Looking forward to see what Mike does to Memphis (fairly stout D) and SMU (porous D).  But the big test, and likely greatest impact on recruiting, will be how he performs v UCF. If he struggles & we lose (we'll be at least 10 point dogs, I'm sure), not much harm...he's still growing.  But if he somehow wins?  That's the stuff of legends, my Bull friends.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

So....no impact, then?

So....no impact, then?

I'm more worried about what fans taunting Lynch, and what impact that may have on recruits at the game.

It's only a few idiots, so hopefully they don't think that could be them.  If I was a high school kid, that's not the sort of thing I'd look forward to (that, and empty stands).

If I was a high school kid, I'd be more worried about the complete lack of fun in our offense.

If I was a high school kid, I'd be more worried about the complete lack of fun in our offense.

that's true, but that was the main point of this post to begin with.  At least with White, we're airing it out more.  No wins yet...but 500 yards in 2 games is the best 2 game total we've had post-BJ.

Would you say we've been letting it all hang out lately, post-BJ?

Edited by JTrue