• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White's success: Any impact on recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Watching Mike White throw crisp passes, short, middle & deep, has to show incoming skill players that they can expect to see the ball and have a chance to be an impact (especially with 2014 being Andre Davis's last year).

I realize this is just one game, but I have to think that some recruits were watching our anemic offense & thinking, "Not even I can save this bunch".  I can see Fullwood, Bronson, Stewart, etc. reacting positively to White at the helm.

Not sure what this does to Flowers, unless he's up to the challenge OR is OK with fighting for QB, but playing WR in the meantime.

I hate losses (especially when the refs affect the outcome), but White's debut gives us hope on the field, and in the recruiting class.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think it will have much affect on Flowers.  While White looked vastly better than what we've been trotting out there, he isn't Johnny Manziel.  I don't think possible QB recruits will be scared off.  Especially considering that he's playing as true freshman, so even if they do get beat out, they could still redshirt and be two classes behind him (meaning good chance to start as a junior). 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I don't think it will have much affect on Flowers.  While White looked vastly better than what we've been trotting out there, he isn't Johnny Manziel.  I don't think possible QB recruits will be scared off.  Especially considering that he's playing as true freshman, so even if they do get beat out, they could still redshirt and be two classes behind him (meaning good chance to start as a junior). 

they would only be one injury away from being a starter.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If a recruit is afraid of a little  competition, then I question whether we want him or not.  Hopefully, Flowers is thinking, "White had a nice game, but I can beat him out for the starting position"

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Lots of recruits noticed last night. Ryeshene Bronson, Tre Watson, Jimmy Bayes, Frankie Hernandez, Deiondre Porter, etc all had positive things to say about USF. That's without even searching, just what popped up on my twitter. I'm sure many more commented.

Ryeshene Bronson â€@RyesheneB 11h

USF need me I know it I can feel it.

Ryeshene Bronson â€@RyesheneB 11h

Davis nice bt when I get there I'll be playing like him as a freshman.

Lots of recruits noticed last night. Ryeshene Bronson, Tre Watson, Jimmy Bayes, Frankie Hernandez, Deiondre Porter, etc all had positive things to say about USF. That's without even searching, just what popped up on my twitter. I'm sure many more commented.

That was my main hope...that non-QBs would be looking at USF in a much better light after last night.  Great quote by Bronson...hope he gets on campus, and brings that burst we need.

Frankie Hernandez committed to Marshall.

Bruno Reagan tweeted that he can't wait to play with White.  Good stuff.

Brulon Reaganâ„¢ â€@BrunoReagan 10h

@MW_514 can't wait to play with someone like you. Keep going hard this season.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

All of the recruits saw that BS pass interference.