• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK I am sold Mike White is the real deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

When he is done he will be our best qb at usf I bet...you can just see this kid is super talented.

Hopefully his play will bring in more big recruits

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

When he is done he will be our best qb at usf I bet...you can just see this kid is super talented.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

It definitely cannot hurt.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

If the Oline can keep him off his butt he will be a record setter… Seemed calm in the pocket.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Before we anoint him the best QB to ever play at usf let's see if he can have 2 good games in a row.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

As I was telling our watch party, just wait until he has a full week with #1's, playing at home and feeling comfortable. Memphis is next in two weeks? It's on. He will be a great qb for us. Just wait. I have never been so excited/pumped up after a loss.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  529

I think he made some passes that I haven't seen since Blackwell.  Grothe and Daniels were both unbelievable gamers and made all kinds of great things happen, but they didn't see the field as well as White appeared to in this one game. 

Now, again, it is one game.  The part that is exciting to me is that he looked as good in this game as he did in his high school highlight reel.  That has my hopes a little higher than just one good game. 

I saw these things that we have struggled with for the last 10 years:

1. stepping through progression with haste
  2. passes over the middle (had great vision)
  3. touch passes (a couple beauts!)
  4. hot routes against the blitz (they didn't blitz much, but he beat them most of the time)

These things make me excited about this kid.  He has tiny arms, yes, but man he launches that ball quickly.  Lots of potential.  Coach needs to get this kid ready to ball next game (and wait for the team to set before calling for motion).  Of course, coach needs to do this after he makes sure our defense is reminded that when the guy on the other team has the ball you are supposed to put his butt on the ground!

Edited by BullTiger

• Content Count:  529

well as long as we are putting our necks out there, how many Heismans and NCs will this kid win?

;)

just kidding-- he had a good night and start--- I think he looks like a winner too. But let's let him proceed naturally instead of getting ahead of ourselves with the expectations

Wait, you just told us what would happen if we win out in a different thread (smazza's double down). 

So, I am surprised that you didn't already know that we will anoint him the best QB in college football.

I suspect someone out there has already scraped off their GROTHE > TEBOW or GROTHE 4 HEISMAN stickers and have WHITE > WINSTON on the old ink jet right now!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

There is definitely some extreme, unwarranted praise from some for Mike White.  Peyton Manning in his college time?  Could be best in USF history?  

Let's get real.  The kid had a really good game.  He was accurate and overall made good decisions.  The future does look bright, but let's not anoint this kid the messiah yet.  

That said, I think he's definitely earned the start next game, hands down.  No doubt he's the best QB on the roster.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

There is definitely some extreme, unwarranted praise from some for Mike White. Peyton Manning in his college time? Could be best in USF history?

Let's get real. The kid had a really good game. He was accurate and overall made good decisions. The future does look bright, but let's not anoint this kid the messiah yet.

That said, I think he's definitely earned the start next game, hands down. No doubt he's the best QB on the roster.

Your levelheaded logic will not be tolerated.