• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK I am sold Mike White is the real deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

So I am going out on a limb here but we all agree it was worth burning his redshirt ?

After last night's game from White, I'm just wondering why it took them so long to decide to burn it........

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So I am going out on a limb here but we all agree it was worth burning his redshirt ?

absolutely. the experience he is getting this year will pay off big next year and thereafter.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

After last night's game from White, I'm just wondering why it took them so long to decide to burn it........

I'm sure Tags wanted him to use the red shirt and he was probably hoping one of the other guys would be somewhat respectable enough for him to save it but alas they couldn't score a TD in 3 games . plus you can't just start your 4th string scout QB at a moments notice. needed to work his way up depth chart and get important practice reps before he was ready.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL - many people on this board and the broadcasters from last nights game predicted there would be people like you.  :)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Loved what I saw; threw the ball to where only our WR's could catch it (pass to Davis that should have been a TD was a beauty), checked down off primary WR if he wasn't open, and had a ton of poise.

Can't wait to see what the future holds for him and how he can build off of last night.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

LOL - many people on this board and the broadcasters from last nights game predicted there would be people like you.   :)

Obviously, I'm not a football coach.  I'm not out there everyday at practice and in the film rooms to see what's going on, but if he had shown any glimpse of comprehension of the offense and making plays in practice, I would have played him earlier.  Our other 3 options did NOTHING offensively to help our team.  While they were playing Shaw was our entire offense and we see how badly they missed him after he went down with the injury.  I do understand CWT's desire to redshirt White, tho

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The ball explodes off his hands but still throws a very catch-able ball. Also he threw a couple of throws before the receivers made their breaks. It was nice to see a few fade passes with perfect touch. 

I was very impressed! 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109

While we definitely have some work to do, Mike White is proving himself to be a great QB so far. I hope he sustains and improves.

It's been too long since we've seen a QB getting things done and allowing our guys to actually compete. 

Now the refs, I say we drop them :P

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The touch pass on the first TD pass to McFarland was a thing of beauty too.  Didn't need to zip it in there, just a nice soft throw worked just fine.  Loved the decision making.  

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

LOL - many people on this board and the broadcasters from last nights game predicted there would be people like you.   :)

He had to learn the play book.