• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's on my mind about the QB position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Mike White is and will be our QB.  He will have that It factor that you have been looking for since Grothe. I feel confident in that we will be fine at QB now. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Mike White is and will be our QB. He will have that It factor that you have been looking for since Grothe. I feel confident in that we will be fine at QB now.

BJ had an it factor too. His coach on the other hand did not.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Thinking about the QB position for next season; Eveld is gone.  What happens with Floyd?  Do they not give him his scholarship? Aren't they renewable each year? Do they encourage him to transfer?  Otherwise we have White, Bench and, I'm assuming, two new guys coming in on scholarship.  T Eveld is a walk on and shouldn't affect number of scholarships.

But would a team use 5 scholarships on 1 position?  Thinking something has to give with Floyd.

Scholarships are renewable yearly. Generally they are renewed if the player is in good academic standing and giving full effort, regardless of actual game output. However, coaches can sometimes move a kid along by making clear their time is done on the field. We are recruiting a full 25 slots despite only having 19 or so seniors. Clearly the staff expects some attrition. Expect that some of the redshirt juniors, for example, who may be graduating will be gone. With regard to Floyd, it's clear staff is pushing him out or he's decided he's done here - white was the #3 quarterback at UConn and they played white despite having a healthy Floyd. Barring injury I think he's done here.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I was reading a TBO article on the game this weekend and saw a comment from someone who claims they know Floyd. They said he's on pace to finish his degree after only 3 years. I also recall an interview with him in preseason and he wants to join the military or air force when he's done with school. Forget which one. That being said, I think Floyd just continues to support the team. I'm sure he's doing all he can to prep White. Sure he would love another shot but he blew it.

I can't believe Bench has been has bad as he's been. It's weird because while watching him play, it doesn't feel like he's doing bad. I have hope when he's in and there's a different energy, but he hasn't shown much. I hope White can come in and show us he has the potential to be our guy. Not expecting a lot due to inexperience, but I'll be closely watching how he handles situations. I can't wait to watch him Thursday.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

While NONE of the first three have come close to be just average, the QB still needs help. Houston plays a freshman at QB. I know there's no way of knowing, but I would like to see him with the USF offense. When your line can't block and your recievers can't catch...

I wonder if a QB recruit would want to come in here and get his butt pounded week in and week out with little to no help?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if bench is healthy to go and coach t has given up on him so soon that is not a good sign

I would imagine we will recruit a lot of juco players

if not next year will be another bad year

this team needs real talent that can step in and play football

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

if bench is healthy to go and coach t has given up on him so soon that is not a good sign

+1

Bench may not have the best numbers but there's no reason to give up on him so soon that is unless he's not 100%.Then it makes perfect sense.

Playing musical chairs with the QB's makes it that much harder for the offense to click.

Of course what do I know, the only coaching experience I have is from my PS3.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

+1

Bench may not have the best numbers but there's no reason to give up on him so soon that is unless he's not 100%.Then it makes perfect sense.

Playing musical chairs with the QB's makes it that much harder for the offense to click.

the guy had plenty of time to show Tags what he has to offer. obviously he didn't make a very good impression on him.

no sense wasting valuable playing time on a guy that is not the answer. you do not need to give a guy a full season to understand what his strengths and weaknesses are. his skill set is very apperent by now.

he's not very accurate, turns it over plenty and doesn't even run all that well which was supposed to be a strength.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

The way the Bench experiment ended was no surprise to me. He is a good back up and game manager. Hopefully White has the goods.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

+1

the guy had plenty of time to show Tags what he has to offer. obviously he didn't make a very good impression on him.

no sense wasting valuable playing time on a guy that is not the answer. you do not need to give a guy a full season to understand what his strengths and weaknesses are. his skill set is very apperent by now.

he's not very accurate, turns it over plenty and doesn't even run all that well which was supposed to be a strength.

Don't quite get how you dis a guy for not moving well when he is struggling with a knee sprain. And exactly how many full series did he play while healthy? He hasn't had that many opportunities to shine while healthy.