• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl Game odds.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone saying Boyd is better/will be better than Bortles is absolutely kidding themselves

Out of curiosity, who's your top 5?

As far as who I think will translate well at the next level-

1. Teddy

2. Winston

3. Hogan

4. Mettenberger

5. Bortles

With Hackenberger, manziel and Mariota being very close.

Mariota is so overrated. He fits the scheme perfect, but you put him at UCF and they aren't the same team. Same reason he won't be successful on Sundays. UCF has zero talent and he makes NFL throw after NFL throw. Even if he isn't "top 5", hes no doubt top 10. And no to McCarron or Murray. Its easy to throw to NFL WRs every weekend

Won't McCarron and Murray be doing that at the next level anyway? Not sure how you're using that as an argument.

So let's see, you asked for 5 QBs better, you were given 7, even if you take away the three you did using the dubious arguments you made, I can throw in Tajh Boyd in there and you still have 5. I'm sure you'll come up additional subjectively-supported reasons to "debunk" those too, though.

Yeah but the every corner in the NFL is much better and they won't be able to just put it up and let their guys out play the secondary on a consistent basis. The exact reason most successful NFL QBs dont come from traditional powerhouse programs

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Locker, Stafford, Luck, Bradford, Pryor...dude, 75% of the starting QBs in the league are from P5 conferences.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mariota is so overrated. He fits the scheme perfect, but you put him at UCF and they aren't the same team. Same reason he won't be successful on Sundays. UCF has zero talent and he makes NFL throw after NFL throw. Even if he isn't "top 5", hes no doubt top 10. And no to McCarron or Murray. Its easy to throw to NFL WRs every weekend

Won't McCarron and Murray be doing that at the next level anyway? Not sure how you're using that as an argument.

So let's see, you asked for 5 QBs better, you were given 7, even if you take away the three you did using the dubious arguments you made, I can throw in Tajh Boyd in there and you still have 5. I'm sure you'll come up additional subjectively-supported reasons to "debunk" those too, though.

Yeah but the every corner in the NFL is much better and they won't be able to just put it up and let their guys out play the secondary on a consistent basis. The exact reason most successful NFL QBs dont come from traditional powerhouse programs

The goalposts are moving ... 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

lol, most successful NFL QBs?

Colin Kaepernick, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger and Andy Dalton are the only starting QBs who came from non-P5 conferences.

Edited by theman123

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Colin Kaepernick, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger and Andy Dalton are the only starting QBs who came from non-P5 conferences.

In all fairness, Mr Bortles did say they didn't come from traditional powerhouse programs rather than didnt come from P-5 conferences .... don't know if that changes things much but there is a definite difference.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

In all fairness, Mr Bortles did say they didn't come from traditional powerhouse programs rather than didnt come from P-5 conferences .... don't know if that changes things much but there is a definite difference.

Huge difference, as usual your insight is riveting.

That was my point. And a lot of NFL scouts have the same opinion. I have watched a lot of film on bortles, Murray, teddy, mettenberger, mccarron and there is no way Murray or mccarron go before bortles if he decides to come out

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone saying Boyd is better/will be better than Bortles is absolutely kidding themselves

1. Teddy

2. Winston

3. Hogan

4. Mettenberger

5. Bortles

I don't think Teddy is that good at the next level TBH. I would have no reservations taking Winston or Hackenberg with a Top 5 pick.

1. Winston

2. Hackenberg

3. Mariota

4. Hogan

5. Manziel/Bortles/ Teddy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1. Teddy

2. Winston

3. Hogan

4. Mettenberger

5. Bortles

I don't think Teddy is that good at the next level TBH. I would have no reservations taking Winston or Hackenberg with a Top 5 pick.

1. Winston

2. Hackenberg

3. Mariota

4. Hogan

5. Manziel/Bortles/ Teddy

I think the original assertion was about a top 5 qb picking us apart. Nothing about how they'd be at the next level. Is the list for the top 5 college qbs the same as the list for the top 5 who would have the most success at the next level?