• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl Game odds.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Hi guys.  I'm new here but am a big time Bulls fan that tries to go to all the home games and watches every one that on TV that I can't get to.   The odds of the Bulls going 6-6 is obviously very low at this point, but I think a bowl game is still a very realistic.  Currently there are 60 teams that are either at a .500 winning percentage or better (excluding Penn St.) and their are 70 spots to fill for the 35 bowl games.  After checking out some schedules, I am pretty sure that there will be arround 6 - 8, 5-7 teams that will make bowls this year. USF currently holds the 6th best (shocking, I know) best record within the conference and ussually the lower end bowls select teams with big markets that played well within their conference.  Memphis has an offense almost as bad as ours and SMU has one of the worst defenses in the country and both are beatable. I'm keeping the faith and even a low tier bowl game would be awesome for the Bulls considering the way the season started.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

I agree 5-7 is doable and a few 5-7 teams will be needed for bowls. I posted in another thread that the NCAA will allow 5-7 teams in but only those in the top 5 APR of all the 5-7 teams. They appear to be rewarding those teams that are ranking high in APR once all 6-6 teams have been placed. Would be nice to sneak in BoB bowl.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Not happening unless offensive production occurs! We will not win by blocking FG's every game. 

Even if we do get 5 wins. Losses to McNeese and FAU are detrimental.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Highly unlikely. Love our D and special teams, and the young RBs have potential. But QB/WR/OL will keep us from more than another few wins.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

at this point, our team would really benefit from the extended practice time allowed for bowl teams. So while it doesn't look likely at all-- we should be hoping to be so lucky as to get into any bowl game simply for that reason.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Chances of us making a bowl? Optimistically, I put it at 40-1.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

It's hilarious that we could potentially miss a bowl just as easily as we could make a BCS bowl

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It's hilarious that we could potentially miss a bowl just as easily as we could make a BCS bowl

I think it is a lot easier for us to miss a bowl than make a BCS bowl.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Its hilarious that people actually believe this after what happened at the beginning of this season. 0% chance of a BCS bowl appearance