• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF on ESPNU all access right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Even though it's a horrible stadium, their overall facilities would be enticing IMO to an incoming frosh (whether an athlete or a general student). That was a well played promo on their part. The dancing in the reflection pond had my mind wandering about all the fun that could have gone down that day. Their on-campus pools are pretty pimp IMO.

the stadium and overall game-day atmosphere is FAR better than USF's and all of you going this year will see.

Get it^

It's about creating an overall atmosphere and culture on a Campus. It's not about just 1 facility, I would still take BHNS even if Jerry World was built at the site of the Citrus Bowl. 

That's ridiculous to say.

http://isitworthtime.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/cowboys-game/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

the stadium and overall game-day atmosphere is FAR better than USF's and all of you going this year will see.

I'm assuming that you're saying the the stadium atmosphere is FAR better, not the stadium itself ... which can't argue with because the atmosphere is a personal preference. The only way the stadium itself would be considered better is if you were a masochist.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

First, there's denial. Then, anger. Then bargaining and depression. Finally, after UCF hands us our asses by 4 scores next month, there will come acceptance.

As I said, a bitter pill to swallow. But we should know and accept the new place that our illustrious AD has led us to.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The team you're talking about has done alright in spite of their AD. Or are you actually saying you'd prefer Keith Tribble to DW?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I wouldn't go that far...but they have been moving up in national profile for the past five years, while we have plateaued. It's not just one team; it's the entire athletic department.

This could all change in a heartbeat with conference realignment, but right now we're in no better a place than them at best.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

This could all change in a heartbeat with conference realignment, but right now we're in no better a place than them at best.

I don't think anyone could, if they were honest with themselves, disagree with that ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Don't get theTribble reference...or comparison........Todd Stansbury is the AD, and has been for two years. In my opinion, Tribble did nothing except the wrong things.

Stansbury has been excellent.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Looking at the last Learfield Sport rankings, USF is well ahead of Rutgers. They are just below Miami...of Ohio.  USF is well ahead of Cinci too. So, its not all bad. http://thedirectorscup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/June27release.pdf

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Don't get theTribble reference...or comparison........Todd Stansbury is the AD, and has been for two years. In my opinion, Tribble did nothing except the wrong things.

Stansbury has been excellent.

Because everything we're talking about in this thread regarding UCF wasn't done under Stansbury. Including the building of the program they now have.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Tribble hired Donnie Jones.  That is about it.

He did not like GOL, tried to get Strong hired and GOL fired. Tribble was not visible at any GKC event.  Stansbury has fathered the baseball expansion,...Tribble talked about it for years. Stansbury has sponsored the far side Tiki bar stadium modification, been visible to boosters,  He has also begun a donation program for a complete Athlete academic excellence center attached to the Stadium. 

Stansbury has replaced two great female sport coaches...Soccer and Track. New soccer coach has the girls on a 13 game winning streak, Stansbury hired a nationally known  Hall of Fame Female track coach to leave UCLA to take over UCF.  

Stansbury is the force behind signing high profile Football games. Penn State  at PS  and then negotiated the return home game ...to go to Ireland for a bigger payday then PS buying out the return. Rumored to be over a 1.5M payday instead of a buy out for a .5M

They will also announce a Michigan date for a 1.5M payday.  Stansbury is a beast. 

This is not a flame, I just think that people need to know that Tribs was a waste of oxygen.  I wrote him several letters, never a word back. I have written Stansbury, each time I got a return letter addressing every point I made the following week, 

Edited by footnfan1