• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF on ESPNU all access right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

We need an indoor practice facility. It's sad that UCF has an indoor facility and we don't.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

UCF's campus reminds me of a theme park with its concentric circle roads, resort type swimming pools and dorms...USF maybe has different priorities...including academics.   USF suits me fine...Ray Jay is nicer stadium than UCF's stadium too.   Rome wasn't built in a day...USF is improving its campus nicely one year at a time.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

We need an indoor practice facility. It's sad that UCF has an indoor facility and we don't.

I'm pretty sure that's in the works and ours won't look like a warehouse

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Even though it's a horrible stadium, their overall facilities would be enticing IMO to an incoming frosh (whether an athlete or a general student). That was a well played promo on their part. The dancing in the reflection pond had my mind wandering about all the fun that could have gone down that day. Their on-campus pools are pretty pimp IMO.

USF will have pools like that.  Don't think that Judy and USF admin don't notice.  Only a matter of time. 

Correct

There were actually plans at for the next phase of construction to include a big beach-entry pool for the residence halls.

Unfortunately all plans right now are on hold due to the FSUS budget shortfall

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It's a bitter pill to swallow that they've passed us in most areas in athletics. Still hoping we can pull a rabbit out of our hat and keep it oh-fer.

How have the passed USF in other sports?

More like they caught up to USF.

Really at best.

<insert picture of green and gold goggles here>

Give examples then

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

If USF builds another big pool it should be a competition 50 meter pool that USF men's and women's swim teams could use.  Tampa Bay is a hot bed for young swimmers...it's too bad USF doesn't have teams the local kids could compete on when they're college age..

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

If USF builds another big pool it should be a competition 50 meter pool that USF men's and women's swim teams could use.  Tampa Bay is a hot bed for young swimmers...it's too bad USF doesn't have teams the local kids could compete on when they're college age..

Um, going to only be a women's swimming team. We are doing enough sleazy things now to be close to compliant in terms of Title 9 ... no new men's team for the next 25 years, at least. (while we need 2-3 new women's programs)

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The number one defense of our AD's performance is all the facilities upgrades -- sure he extended a coach (and defense coordinator) 9 months before he had to fire them, sure his department sends promos out weeks after an event, but he has been a catalyst for facilities upgrades.  But somehow we missed an indoor barn?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453

UCF has terrible classrooms. I attended one of my friends lectures. There was not even enough seats for all the students in the class and it was not elevated seating so people in the back couldn't see.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

UCF has terrible classrooms. I attended one of my friends lectures. There was not even enough seats for all the students in the class and it was not elevated seating so people in the back couldn't see.

but does their campus at least have drinking fountains?