• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF on ESPNU all access right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It's a bitter pill to swallow that they've passed us in most areas in athletics. Still hoping we can pull a rabbit out of our hat and keep it oh-fer.

How have the passed USF in other sports?

More like they caught up to USF.

Really at best.

<insert picture of green and gold goggles here>

They have joined our football conference, they lag well behind in olympic sports, maybe a push in basketball.  Recruiting they still lag well behind - perhaps that will change with the new conferences. I don't see where you'd think they have passed us in most other areas.

Their superstar beat our superstar on Thursday Night. :wahhing:

2012_Packers_vs_Giants_-_Jason_Pierre-Pa

800px-Brandon_Marshall_smile.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You guys rag on that stadium all the time but is it really any worse than what UConn has?

Yes, Been to both many times. UConn stadium is much better than UCF. (not a knock on UCF, just the reality) ... btw, The Patriots had once talked of moving to the stadium in East Hartford (it would have been expanded for them) if they didn't get a new stadium. It was just a ploy, but it is nice enough to be used as a NFL bargaining chip.

While I agree with you that the Rent is a much better stadium than BHNS. The story with the Patriots didn't exactly happen that way. The joint stadium for the Pats and UCONN was to be built on the site of the Hartford Civic Center. Once the Pats were appeased with Gillette Stadium, the Rent was then built for UCONN out in East Hartford due to the fact that the land was donated by the company that used to own the former airfield it sits on. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

If USF builds another big pool it should be a competition 50 meter pool that USF men's and women's swim teams could use.  Tampa Bay is a hot bed for young swimmers...it's too bad USF doesn't have teams the local kids could compete on when they're college age..

Um, going to only be a women's swimming team. We are doing enough sleazy things now to be close to compliant in terms of Title 9 ... no new men's team for the next 25 years, at least. (while we need 2-3 new women's programs)

Well our former Women's swim & dive team does have our only NCAA national championship title, even if it was at DII.

It seams only fitting that the women's team comes back first.

BTW, who wants to watch guys with shaved bodies in speedos?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Uh, women

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

UCF has terrible classrooms. I attended one of my friends lectures. There was not even enough seats for all the students in the class and it was not elevated seating so people in the back couldn't see.

UCF has done a great job at building good looking facade of their buildings.  However the interior are quite disappointing.

Both for Athletic and academic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Uh, women

You know a lot of European women? Most American women I know hate speedos ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Uh, women

You know a lot of European women? Most American women I know hate speedos ...

The women I know wouldn't date a guy that goes to the beach in a Speedo, but certainly wouldn't mind looking at them if they had swimmers bodies.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

UCF has terrible classrooms. I attended one of my friends lectures. There was not even enough seats for all the students in the class and it was not elevated seating so people in the back couldn't see.

UCF has done a great job at building good looking facade of their buildings.  However the interior are quite disappointing.

Both for Athletic and academic

Haven't been there in 10 years, but their classrooms are definitely hit or miss. Some of the older buildings from the 70s/80s actually have stadium seating (I still have nightmares about Chemistry for Scientists & Engineers, ugh). Most of the newer buildings I barely got into before I left there. I can't really compare them to USF classrooms as the only classrooms I sat in were in Lakeland's (Polk State's) campus, or were online or videoconferenced to a room in Tampa lol.

Then again, if perception is everything these days, then the facades are enough to do the job to lure people in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

You guys rag on that stadium all the time but is it really any worse than what UConn has?

Bright House Stadium is.......an aluminum bowl.

I prefer "Wobbling Wok."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

South Carolina fans had mostly positive reviews of UCF's stadium and they travel around to SEC venues. The South Carolina game was also a Noon kickoff in the September heat and they were still mostly positive. USF is the only fanbase that complains about our stadium