• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Leavitt is #1 in my book for making USF great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

CJL did great things while he was here, he achieved more than anyone could've reasonably expected. But he's gone. He's never going to coach USF again. Move on, let it go.

Yeah but in the Woolard thread you joined someone who likened Jim Leavitt to Jerry Sandusky, therefore, your measured words here me less than LITTLE.

I didn't join anyone:

"hbryan, will you grow up, or better yet just go away! The name calling makes you look like a 12 yr old."

You made that jump, not me.

He's busy now trying to open a bottle.

funny_this_is_not_normal_meth_memes_640_

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well put Ray Rice on the Bulls team and I wonder how Rutgirls would have done.

What Ray Rice did in 2006 and 2007 redefined Rutgers Football. A monster who creates 1st downs. I couldn't believe he was a 2nd round pick. Coach T needs to find a RB just like that to redefine USF.

Makes me wonder if there is some stud RB out there that is seeing Shaw put up big numbers and maybe-just maybe he thinks USF is the place to come.  Sure would be nice.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

What Ray Rice did in 2006 and 2007 redefined Rutgers Football. A monster who creates 1st downs. I couldn't believe he was a 2nd round pick. Coach T needs to find a RB just like that to redefine USF.

Makes me wonder if there is some stud RB out there that is seeing Shaw put up big numbers and maybe-just maybe he thinks USF is the place to come.  Sure would be nice.

You mean like when Andre Hall was on the team?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

You mean like when Andre Hall was on the team?

Be real happy to have Andre on our team again.  Only problem with him was he was a juco and we only got him for two years.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

Leavitt will always be # 1 in book also.

and in mine as well

Leavitt will always be # 1 in book also.

and in mine as well

Mine, too.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

CJL did great things while he was here, he achieved more than anyone could've reasonably expected. But he's gone. He's never going to coach USF again. Move on, let it go.

:applause:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

:applause:

If only it were that simple. You know how guys are about that ex-girlfriend when they hit the proverbial "dry spell'  :o

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Too bad for many he's part of our history, a history some will try to remake.

Bush is gone and will never be our president again, but people still talk about him as if the Devil.  I am sure that when Obama departs the White House, assuming the 22nd amendment holds up, many will still talk about him and long for him to be in power still/again.

Roberto Clemente was #1, in my book, for making the Pirates great.  He died in '73, they still have a Roberto Clemente Day in Pittsburgh and his statue out front.

91244932.o02ugHl4.IMG04554w.jpg

They still talk about the Great One decades after his demise.

Frank Kush at Arizona State experienced a situation with allegations far worse than Jim Leavitt, and, get this "Kush was fired over accusations he interfered with the case".  That's the "out" in many of these cases - because "interfering" can be so loosely defined.  Luckily for Kush, the player filed a case against him, like hightechbull thinks Miller should have done against Leavitt.  Kush won and was found not liable in the case.  Probably would have been better for USF had Miller and a court case decided it and not some shadowy employment lawyer doing the dirty work for a distant and flaccid AD.

Frank Kush is back on staff at Arizona State, has been for 15 or so years.  He's even had a "Frank Kush Day" and the football field is named after him.  He's enjoying life and the fans still love him and all that he accomplished for ASU.

ASU fans and administrators, much more maturely, understood what Kush meant to the program and how important that history was to them.  The team goes to the Camp Tontozona that Kush took them to and they still climb Mount Kush.

8063193947_10c2f8872b_c.jpg

So, some suggest to "move on".  Critical error.  As I posted elsewhere, you don't just ignore a program's history, especially under the cloudiness and motivations of the Leavitt fiasco.  We all get that he won't coach here, but that's not the point.  People look to what he did for the program and he did more than any other individual in the history of the program, including Lee Roy Selmon, whom I deeply admired.  No one else is even close.

Until this is reconciled USF won't have a history or a future - at least that can be tied together, and a fan base that is still looking for some closure and a reason to come together.  Because of the mishandling of the fiasco, three years later there are still hard feelings on both sides. 

Unfortunately, the only ones that can really do anything to negate the still lingering effects are the very few that were in power then, making it a very unlikely event.

For a program with no identity (or a lost identity) and missing the two largest leaders of the program - it does not bode well.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

usf will be fine and most are over it.

we have a great short history and one day we will win a conference title.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Too bad for many he's part of our history, a history some will try to remake.

Bush is gone and will never be our president again, but people still talk about him as if the Devil.  I am sure that when Obama departs the White House, assuming the 22nd amendment holds up, many will still talk about him and long for him to be in power still/again.

Roberto Clemente was #1, in my book, for making the Pirates great.  He died in '73, they still have a Roberto Clemente Day in Pittsburgh and his statue out front.

91244932.o02ugHl4.IMG04554w.jpg

They still talk about the Great One decades after his demise.

Frank Kush at Arizona State experienced a situation with allegations far worse than Jim Leavitt, and, get this "Kush was fired over accusations he interfered with the case".  That's the "out" in many of these cases - because "interfering" can be so loosely defined.  Luckily for Kush, the player filed a case against him, like hightechbull thinks Miller should have done against Leavitt.  Kush won and was found not liable in the case.  Probably would have been better for USF had Miller and a court case decided it and not some shadowy employment lawyer doing the dirty work for a distant and flaccid AD.

Frank Kush is back on staff at Arizona State, has been for 15 or so years.  He's even had a "Frank Kush Day" and the football field is named after him.  He's enjoying life and the fans still love him and all that he accomplished for ASU.

ASU fans and administrators, much more maturely, understood what Kush meant to the program and how important that history was to them.  The team goes to the Camp Tontozona that Kush took them to and they still climb Mount Kush.

8063193947_10c2f8872b_c.jpg

So, some suggest to "move on".  Critical error.  As I posted elsewhere, you don't just ignore a program's history, especially under the cloudiness and motivations of the Leavitt fiasco.  We all get that he won't coach here, but that's not the point.  People look to what he did for the program and he did more than any other individual in the history of the program, including Lee Roy Selmon, whom I deeply admired.  No one else is even close.

Until this is reconciled USF won't have a history or a future - at least that can be tied together, and a fan base that is still looking for some closure and a reason to come together.  Because of the mishandling of the fiasco, three years later there are still hard feelings on both sides. 

Unfortunately, the only ones that can really do anything to negate the still lingering effects are the very few that were in power then, making it a very unlikely event.

For a program with no identity (or a lost identity) and missing the two largest leaders of the program - it does not bode well.

Couldn't have been said it any better.  I did highlight some of my favorite parts.