• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Leavitt is #1 in my book for making USF great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Was CJL a football coach, or did he win the Nobel Peace Prize?

CJL led a new football team to mediocrity.  Let's get melodramatic.  The team never even won 10 games under his watch.  Good?  Sure.  Worthy of bowing down before him, I think not.

why would we ever want to go back to that?

the failure to distinguish between liking leavitt and thinking he was a winner astonishes me

he failed to win! and  is one reason our program is in the shape it is in

i hope leavitt never comes back 

he left after he assaulted a kid

he had a very fortunate ending to the assault

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

In response to Brad’s post.

Bush: was the POTUS, just a “little” more important than any college football coach.

22nd Amendment: Did you buy land somewhere in Europe? Are you building a doomsday shelter? Pure unadulterated conspiracy theory there. Also see Bush explanation.

Roberto Clemente: One of the greatest baseball players of all time. Sorry, I’m pretty sure that CJL was never going to go down as one of the greatest college coaches of all time.

Frank Kush: Coach at ASU from 1958 to 1979, 21 years before his “scandal”. He won several conference titles and finished in the top 10, wasn’t there for a cup of coffee before being sent back down to the minors.

Your post is a big pile of false equivalences.

I never said that we have to forget the history of USF while CJL was here, whether he did what he was accused of or not. But to hold onto the hatred that some of you have is bad for your own health.

Hatred? Thanks for the laugh. Wasn't trying to flush you out like that.