• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Leavitt is #1 in my book for making USF great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

USF's single biggest mistake was firing him.

Whether you agree or disagree with the firing, he wasn't canned because of what he did on the field.

I think he was ... Booster(s) wanted him out because we hadn't win a title.

usf never competed for a title

so many horrible losses under leavitt

f_113a9bea55.jpg

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Getting to the "next level" is great, but 'tis better to have a program that's average to good than one that can't even beat Ball State one year and gets destroyed by a Division I-AA/FCS team and one of the worst teams in I-A/FBS the next.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt certainly made a mistake with the handling of the situation, but I agree with E.T. in that he should've been punished rather than fired.

In terms of the admin's handling of the investigation and Leavitt's firing, there had to be culpability on their part otherwise they wouldn't have settled with him for nearly $3 million.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I knew what he did with the football program was incredible when it was all happening in front of my eyes.

I mean before Leavitt, USF was a ghost town in terms of sports fun, pride, and whatever else.

Then USF football, and then he got us to #2 in the land in the polls. Sure, when we can't even beat FAU, getting to #2 in the polls was pretty cool.

We skipped right by all the growing pain, or so it seemed; we never went through anything like we've been enduring for the last eight or so USF football games.

I love that man -not for who he is but for what he did for my beloved school. No one will ever have the same impact again, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, for me now, it's all about hanging tough as a Bull. I swear the hurricane was over. Apparently not. Things will get better! My car tag will still USF is #1 with pride.

Go Bulls!

this guy ruined usf football

his lack of self control and ego did him in---   i must admit i can sympathize

look at  the destruction he left

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yes I remember the glory of usf football before leavitt got here and ruines it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

:roflmao:

That's the funnier smazza right there.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

and what happens when he hits the next kid

leavitt didnt win anything and he had advantage of being in bcs conference

i imagine there are osu fans that pine for woody hayes

or arizona fans that wish frank kush was back

coach t is not in a big boy conference and needs 2 years to recruit

Yes,  I voted your boring commentary down.  The problem is you have ZERO credibility in this issue as you wanted him out seasons before this.  We all have egg on our faces for the firing and you have a giant omelette.  I remember (before the 2009 Louisville game) even thinking about how he had been here longer than 10 years and thought maybe a change might be good. I asked who we might be able to get that was better.  You and others made it sound as if ANYONE with a pulse could come here and win.  I scoffed at that. I had many issues with Leavitt but still refuse to marginalize what he did here. 

When the controversy happened, I feared that he had done something wrong and even posted that we needed to wait for the investigation.  I was almost trying to talk myself into making sure he was guilty before branding him.  The problem became that all of you malcontents instantly thought he was guilty despite the fact the story changed several times.  I hope if YOU are again accused of any wrongdoing, people make sure to prove you guilty before branding you.

I think the worst part of all that is we let the anti-USF media like that weasel McMurphy and that lying SOB DUImig lead the charge to get him fired.  They wanted him out no matter what since they have nothing but contempt for USF. When someone who does not like me trys to offer advice, I usually ignore it..

• Upvote 1

:roflmao:

That's the funnier smazza right there.

Empathize?

I knew what he did with the football program was incredible when it was all happening in front of my eyes.

I mean before Leavitt, USF was a ghost town in terms of sports fun, pride, and whatever else.

Then USF football, and then he got us to #2 in the land in the polls. Sure, when we can't even beat FAU, getting to #2 in the polls was pretty cool.

We skipped right by all the growing pain, or so it seemed; we never went through anything like we've been enduring for the last eight or so USF football games.

I love that man -not for who he is but for what he did for my beloved school. No one will ever have the same impact again, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, for me now, it's all about hanging tough as a Bull. I swear the hurricane was over. Apparently not. Things will get better! My car tag will still USF is #1 with pride.

Go Bulls!

this guy ruined usf football

look at  the destruction Skip and Mc Murphy  left

FIXED

and what happens when he hits the next kid

leavitt didnt win anything and he had advantage of being in bcs conference

i imagine there are osu fans that pine for woody hayes

or arizona fans that wish frank kush was back

coach t is not in a big boy conference and needs 2 years to recruit

Yes,  I voted your boring commentary down.  The problem is you have ZERO credibility in this issue as you wanted him out seasons before this.  We all have egg on our faces for the firing and you have a giant omelette.  I remember (before the 2009 Louisville game) even thinking about how he had been here longer than 10 years and thought maybe a change might be good. I asked who we might be able to get that was better.  You and others made it sound as if ANYONE with a pulse could come here and win.  I scoffed at that. I had many issues with Leavitt but still refuse to marginalize what he did here. 

When the controversy happened, I feared that he had done something wrong and even posted that we needed to wait for the investigation.  I was almost trying to talk myself into making sure he was guilty before branding him.  The problem became that all of you malcontents instantly thought he was guilty despite the fact the story changed several times.  I hope if YOU are again accused of any wrongdoing, people make sure to prove you guilty before branding you.

I think the worst part of all that is we let the anti-USF media like that weasel McMurphy and that lying SOB DUImig lead the charge to get him fired.  They wanted him out no matter what since they have nothing but contempt for USF. When someone who does not like me tries to offer advice, I usually ignore it..

My edit feature is off. "Tries", this is not rugby.