• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Leavitt is #1 in my book for making USF great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I knew what he did with the football program was incredible when it was all happening in front of my eyes.

I mean before Leavitt, USF was a ghost town in terms of sports fun, pride, and whatever else.

Then USF football, and then he got us to #2 in the land in the polls. Sure, when we can't even beat FAU, getting to #2 in the polls was pretty cool.

We skipped right by all the growing pain, or so it seemed; we never went through anything like we've been enduring for the last eight or so USF football games.

I love that man -not for who he is but for what he did for my beloved school. No one will ever have the same impact again, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, for me now, it's all about hanging tough as a Bull. I swear the hurricane was over. Apparently not. Things will get better! My car tag will still USF is #1 with pride.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

USF's single biggest mistake was firing him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Whether you agree or disagree with the firing, he wasn't canned because of what he did on the field.

Whether you agree or disagree with the firing, he wasn't canned because of what he did on the field.

I think he was ... Booster(s) wanted him out because we hadn't win a title.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I think so too. There was a lot of clamor about the team having reached a plateau, and that CJL was what was holding us back from going even higher. Being #2, of course, was silly--we weren't the second best team in the country and everyone knew it--but we were a good team and we were relevant nationally. In an effort to make us even better, the administration seized on that disputed episode in the locker room--it became the pretext for firing CJL. The idea was that our team would become even better. Well, we saw how that worked out. He'd have spent his career here if he'd been allowed, and with the money and facilities we have now, this would never, never have happened. Unlikely we'd be in AAC; we'd be 2-1 or better this year; and we'd have won more games the past three years--especially last year. But CJL has moved on, and somehow we have to too.

• Upvote 1

I have moved on ... and in Willie I trust!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and what happens when he hits the next kid

leavitt didnt win anything and he had advantage of being in bcs conference

i imagine there are osu fans that pine for woody hayes

or arizona fans that wish frank kush was back

coach t is not in a big boy conference and needs 2 years to recruit

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf never competed for a title

so many horrible losses under leavitt

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

I knew what he did with the football program was incredible when it was all happening in front of my eyes.

I mean before Leavitt, USF was a ghost town in terms of sports fun, pride, and whatever else.

Then USF football, and then he got us to #2 in the land in the polls. Sure, when we can't even beat FAU, getting to #2 in the polls was pretty cool.

We skipped right by all the growing pain, or so it seemed; we never went through anything like we've been enduring for the last eight or so USF football games.

I love that man -not for who he is but for what he did for my beloved school. No one will ever have the same impact again, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, for me now, it's all about hanging tough as a Bull. I swear the hurricane was over. Apparently not. Things will get better! My car tag will still USF is #1 with pride.

Go Bulls!

Yeah and it took CJL 10 years to get to #2 in the polls.  Besides that shinning example of USF football what else did he accomplish on the field.  He won games, yes.  Titles, no.  End of year rankings, no. 

But hey lets give CWT 3 games to do the same as what took CJL 10 years to build and what took skip 3 years to destroy.  Yeah that is fair, I think 3 games is enough.  Hell I mean lets Fire CWT now and the next coach only gets 1 game to fix all the issues....sigh.  Some of you are so unrealistic its truly laughable.