• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why Leavitt is #1 in my book for making USF great

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

^^^

That's funny.

You must have good contacts on the inside to know that.

What's really important is that those running the program (AD, et al) were those responsible for the allegation and how they chose to have it investigated.

Leavitt has blame, for sure.  I never thought he was a genius, especially in the political world.  But these things happen a lot, in and out of sports.  The AD and President can lead this either way.  They hesitated to act, and then separated themselves and opened an investigation to stay out of the mess.  Courage is not a commodity often displayed in the political realm of a University.  Too much money at stake in a University gig and Brett had both barrels loaded with tripe from current players and ex-players. 

Again, Gennie and Woolie were smart enough to not to battle with someone that buys ink by the barrel.  Jim Leavitt was not that smart.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

If I remember correctly, Jimmy Johnson's Dallas Cowboys went 1-15 in his first season as their head coach. Yes, we will most likely win no more than one or two games this season. However, Coach Taggart will make all of us very happy in the near future when his recruiting efforts result in good seasons for our footbulls.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt should have punished other than being fired.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

^^^

That's funny.

You must have good contacts on the inside to know that

What's really important is that those running the program (AD, et al) were those responsible for the allegation and how they chose to have it investigated.

I know the law, it's been grilled into me at my current job by the corporate attorneys.  Nothing will get the attention of the feds faster from an employment perspective than retaliation.

But how was Woolard responsible fro the allegation?  I don't follow.   Did he contact McMurphy?  Did he give the story to the players to carry out?  I'm not sure what you are mean when you say "responsible for the allegation".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

^^^

That's funny.

I know the law, it's been grilled into me at my current job by the corporate attorneys.  Nothing will get the attention of the feds faster from an employment perspective than retaliation.

But how was Woolard responsible fro the allegation?  I don't follow.   Did he contact McMurphy?  Did he give the story to the players to carry out?  I'm not sure what you are mean when you say "responsible for the allegation".

Woolard didn't choke a kid.  Leavitt did plateau.  I am grateful to his contributions but he was not getting us to the next level.  If you were happy with the level that Leavitt consistently proved to be his high water mark then pine away.

I am not sure what people are so upset about.  

At any point this off season or over the last couple of weeks you thought we would be good or go bowling your expectations were very far off.  We are rebuilding, we are going through Skip detox we are not good right now.

We will not be good for a couple of years.  We can all hope for things to click and for us to go on a run towards the end of the year.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Skip lost to Ball State... and Skip's players lost to McNeese and FAU.

CWT is not the problem. If we lose next year, then we can start to question the hire. This year is a get out of hot water free year for Taggart.

I'm not questioning the hire. He was my pick from day one.

I am questioning his use of our personnel.

So CJL built a team from scratch and could still put up 80 on a 1-AA team at home?

Yup CJL built a team from scratch, and after 3 years of planning, building, recruiting, and taking the field he hung 80 on the worst team in college football.  And after 8 months, with only a handful of his players he recruited, CWT has us at 0-3.  Yeah its a fair comparison....sigh

You know, I resisted this earlier, but your posts in this thread illustrate a lacking knowledge of Bulls football history.

^^^

That's funny.

Simple.  When an allegation is made against the head football coach, it is incumbent upon the AD to intervene and keep it from becoming a mess.  Look, you may not recall, but we heard about this stuff brewing right here on TheBullsPen long before a story was crafted.

Likewise, as the trouble was ongoing between McMurphy and Leavitt years before, the AD should have intervened before McMurphy's involvement included players, current and former.  I think he hid instead.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

In my opinion, it all falls on Leavitt.

USF leadership was forced by Leavitt's actions and the subsequent media reports to investigate.  There is no way you can have those kind of allegations and not investigate, it would literally be criminal.  This is a public institution, you can't turn your back on allegations of abuse.  All Leavitt had to do was man up and take a small share of the responsibility and he would still be here.  That is what leaders do.  That is what USF leadership expected him to do.  Anyone that has been around these kind of investigations knows the appropriate response.

Instead he tried to round up a bunch of 20 year old kids and invent stories.  His behavior after the story broke was an embarrassment, and it was exactly the opposite of what a true leader should do.  No way leadership could leave in place a person of authority that was taking retaliatory action against others.  That is also a criminal act, the kind that leads to multi million dollar lawsuits.

The only person to blame is Leavitt, USF had no other choice but to fire him.

You really should do some research into the situation before you post stuff like this... it just shreds any credibility you may have.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

In my opinion, it all falls on Leavitt.

USF leadership was forced by Leavitt's actions and the subsequent media reports to investigate.  There is no way you can have those kind of allegations and not investigate, it would literally be criminal.  This is a public institution, you can't turn your back on allegations of abuse.  All Leavitt had to do was man up and take a small share of the responsibility and he would still be here.  That is what leaders do.  That is what USF leadership expected him to do.  Anyone that has been around these kind of investigations knows the appropriate response.

Instead he tried to round up a bunch of 20 year old kids and invent stories.  His behavior after the story broke was an embarrassment, and it was exactly the opposite of what a true leader should do.  No way leadership could leave in place a person of authority that was taking retaliatory action against others.  That is also a criminal act, the kind that leads to multi million dollar lawsuits.

The only person to blame is Leavitt, USF had no other choice but to fire him.

You really should do some research into the situation before you post stuff like this... it just shreds any credibility you may have.

The truth shreds my credibility? If you don't believe that is exactly what went down you havent spent much time On employment law. What I described is exactly how things work boys and girls. Once it went public, the bill had to be paid. Fall On your sword or be sacrificed. Leavitt felt more important to fight about it than to keep his job.

• Upvote 1