• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How far we've fallen...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

How about this.

Skip sucked. Willie has had an awful start.

Both have challenges ahead of them.

The end.

Notre Dame and Clemson would disagree along with Sterling Griffin with your first statement.

Holtz out coached Clemson.  Notre Dame, was such a slow start for them that we were able to get points to hold on for a victory by the time they woke up from their sleep.

I thought Holtz got it after Clemson, boy was I wrong. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Nah, the in-betweeners just don't often share their thoughts. I suspect there's a lot of them, and they don't really care to feed the extremers.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt was the man.  He was shafted by a conspiracy.  The same people are still making the decisions that caused this to happen.  It doesn't mean he is free of any guilt or that he would have even won the Big East.  He was deserving at the very least of the benefit of doubt and instead some small minded folks kicked him in the ass.  I hope Taggart can find success here, but I suspect our days of greatness are done.  Adjust your expectations or die a miserable agonizing death...

Edited by ZeroBullChip
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Nah, the in-betweeners just don't often share their thoughts. I suspect there's a lot of them, and they don't really care to feed the extremers.

I had to go back a page to see who you were responding to .... don't make me do that again.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I had to go back a page to see who you were responding to .... don't make me do that again.

God forbid we don't have eight boxes of quotes preceding a post...

Have you ever looked at how that appears on an iPhone?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt was the man. He was shafted by a conspiracy. The same people are still making the decisions that caused this to happen. It doesn't mean he is free of any guilt or that he would have even won the Big East. He was deserving at the very least of the benefit of doubt and instead some small minded folks kicked him in the ass. I hope Taggart can find success here, but I suspect our days of greatness are done. Adjust your expectations or die a miserable agonizing death...

Holtz almost killed us.

Do any of you realize how close we were to death a number of different times under Skip?

Holtz just had the wrong grim reaper, it's not his fault.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Honestly I feel bad for Skip in that in the end he was nothing but a fall guy (although chuckling as scoring opportunities evaporated amid his negligence didn't help) - his firing provided some cover for others.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly I feel bad for Skip in that in the end he was nothing but a fall guy (although chuckling as scoring opportunities evaporated amid his negligence didn't help) - his firing provided some cover for others.

I thought skip was going to do great here and I feel bad too.  I didn't realize the level of conspiracy at play and the level of incompetence of the players involved until much later.  It's such a shame as we had a great thing going.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Oh the drama.

Kill a program? Terry Shea went 12-43 at Rutgers from 1996-2000. Off to the Big 10 they go. Greg Robinson at Syracuse, 10-37 2005-2008. Off to the ACC they go. Winning is a culture at the school. I don't think many know that Bear Bryant was a Kentucky before Alabama. 5 top 20 finishes in 8 seasons. But Kentucky, even way back then, was a basketball school. They treated the Bear like a sideshow, honored the basketball school around campus much more than the football team so he left. If USF's football team is 'killed' its because the students, alumni and admin don't care anymore, and not by what any coach does.

Terry Shea, Rutgers (12–43, 1996-2000)
Terry Shea, Rutgers (12–43, 1996-2000)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

God forbid we don't have eight boxes of quotes preceding a post...

Have you ever looked at how that appears on an iPhone?

I am right now and I totally agree .... but it's a necessity at times when replying directly like that... although, when I post from a computer, I do try to whittle down the quotes if possible, cognizant of how it looks on a phone. We should all be a good neighbor and try to that ...