• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

coach t's attitude looked terrible

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The Marine Corps’ 14 leadership traits – BEARING

MARINES UNCOVERED  //  June 1st, 2011  //  By Sgt. Sneden

By: Staff Sgt. Greg Thomas

BEARING is this week’s Marine Corps leadership trait, and it’s defined as, “the way you conduct and carry yourself. Your manner should reflect alertness, competence, confidence, and control.â€

This trait is stressed by drill instructors continually throughout recruit training. I remember hearing tall tales of experiments resulting in the creation of sand fleas just to test recruits’ bearing at MCRD Parris Island, S.C. Of course they aren’t true, but the fact remains they do a very good job of teaching recruits to maintain their BEARING.

BEARING1-300x187.jpg

It is those times of maintaining BEARING that I use to frame my understanding of this trait. A leader must keep their composure by controlling their mind and their body no matter the circumstances.

Which would be more effective: a leader hysterically shouting orders OR a leader calmly directing his assets? The calm, cool, and collected leader will prevail where the hysterical fails every time.

All of us have had to maintain our BEARING at some point in our career, whether it was recruit training or getting a good ol’ fashioned ass-chewing from the first sergeant!

Being able to maintain your BEARING in a stressful situation is part of what sets Marines apart from “lesser†services … where they crumble we prevail!

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

HE isn't smiling or joking in the press conferences and he isn't making excuses (see Skip and the humidity). He knows what went wronng and is confident that it will be fixed...all we need to hear.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, well, you know its not a military job, the pay is way too good. Coaches can act however they want on the sidelines include behavior that would get players ejected.

Edited by slick1ru2

CWT has a solid bearing.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The Marine Corps’ 14 leadership traits – BEARING

MARINES UNCOVERED  //  June 1st, 2011  //  By Sgt. Sneden

By: Staff Sgt. Greg Thomas

BEARING is this week’s Marine Corps leadership trait, and it’s defined as, “the way you conduct and carry yourself. Your manner should reflect alertness, competence, confidence, and control.â€

This trait is stressed by drill instructors continually throughout recruit training. I remember hearing tall tales of experiments resulting in the creation of sand fleas just to test recruits’ bearing at MCRD Parris Island, S.C. Of course they aren’t true, but the fact remains they do a very good job of teaching recruits to maintain their BEARING.

BEARING1-300x187.jpg

It is those times of maintaining BEARING that I use to frame my understanding of this trait. A leader must keep their composure by controlling their mind and their body no matter the circumstances.

Which would be more effective: a leader hysterically shouting orders OR a leader calmly directing his assets? The calm, cool, and collected leader will prevail where the hysterical fails every time.

All of us have had to maintain our BEARING at some point in our career, whether it was recruit training or getting a good ol’ fashioned ass-chewing from the first sergeant!

Being able to maintain your BEARING in a stressful situation is part of what sets Marines apart from “lesser†services … where they crumble we prevail!

CWT has a solid bearing.

While in USAF Basic I grit my teeth the TI caught it, and jumped up, down and up my "stuff" again. I agree CWT has a solid bearing.

I lost by bearing once, and I stress once....  Someone took my cover when they were hurrying out and I slapped my leg being pissed...  I was smoked until the walls sweated...  that was the last time i was smoked on the quarter deck...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Coach T's attitude looks terrible? Look in the mirror, guy.

Go Bulls!

/thread

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Skippy had a great attitude 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

no enthusiasm

no smile

no passion

Cool and collected.

Gave no excuses.

Ready to work.

How is that a bad thing after a loss?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Most terrible post of the year goes to.....Smazza!!! Yipieeeee!!!!

Edited by NewEnglandBull