• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The Good - Defense improved a lot over the last week. DBs maintained tight coverage on the MSU receivers. Shaw played well again and today Lattimore stepped up

The Bad - Durden showed some moves on punt returns but needs to be more aware of where he is on the field.

The Ugly - The offensive line  was very ineffective in todays game, they seemed little more than speed bumps to the MSU Defense. QB play, Eveld didn't have much time, but when he did he still couldn't get the ball to the receivers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

Nothing to like about this game. How far this program has fallen is atrocious. Michigan State gave us the game and we found a way to lose. Welch dropped 2 critical passes

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Good- the D and Kloss. Shaw and Pierre too.

Bad - playcalling, not the calls, but how late they came in.

Ugly- everything on offense not mentioned above.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

With everything else obvious, I was impressed with Kloss to make that 49-yard fg.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Good- Defense, Kloss, Shaw

Bad = judgment on the return team

Ugly-QB play,O Line and receivers

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The Good - Defense pulled off a 180 degree turnaround that I didn't think possible.  Now granted, the Mich. St. offense is pretty anemic and I'd like to see how they do against Louisville, but in all they were great today. Marcus Shaw was the only bright spot on offense. Also, the special teams had a few good plays in the fumble recovery and Kloss's FG's.

The Bad - This offense is putrid at this point, having spotted MSU 14 of their points. The QB position has no leader right now and I wouldn't mind trading out our true freshman White for what we have right now.  The offensive line efforts in pass defense were extremely poor.

The Ugly - Davis and Welch were extremely poor as receivers with Davis's actual efforts (or lack thereof) questionable.  Punt returning is putting us into way too many poor field positions.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This doesn't excuse our receivers, but that was probably the best defense we'll see all year.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think it could be the least penalized team in USF history.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Good:  We didn't get shutout on offense. 

Running game will be good this year. 

Defense will be decent also especially once Lynch gets going.

Not alot of penalties.

Bad 

WR dropping way to many balls 

Ugly

QB play and turnovers but that was a good defense and best we will see this year so it will get easier.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good:

Defense built up some confidence today.  Let's be honest, Sparty's offense sucked big time.  However ... our defense was overall pretty stout.  Nice to see.

Shaw continues to run as well as he can.  He could do better if we had a better passing attack.

Kloss hit a nice, long FG, first of his career I believe, had two on the day.  Great for the confidence. 

Bad:

Offense overall gets a D - O-line can't pass protect, leading to two defensive TDs for MSU.  

We had our most immobile QB on the roster having to leave the pocket to throw many times.

WRs dropping passes, one whom I shall not name appearing extremely, shall I say, lackadaisical on a couple throws his way ... again.  

All of the above leading to quick 3-and-outs.   Defense on the field way too long.  

Ugly:

Punt returns.  When Durden doesn't make a bonehead decision to field a punt inside our own 10, he risks his neck to catch a punt by not calling for fair catch when he probably should.