• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis has to sit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt obviously was the defensive mastermind behind those early teams.  Look at what he is going with the LB unit of my beloved SF 49ers.  

The guy knows how to coach a defense.  It won't be long before he is a DC in the NFL

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

All those players paid to play football now...where are the Big East conference championships???

you realize the bulk of the ones he listed played the majority of their careers under Holtz, right

You realize that of that bulk that Leavitt had the better players, right? JPP stands head and shoulders above the rest and if he stays healthy he's going to the NFL HoF. And I said that years ago.

Leavitt had him for one year. He had 6 sacks I think. Holtz had an NFL QB for 3 years and got progressively worse.

the next time a DE contributes more towards a conference championship than a QB will be the first time

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

So is Andre Davis going to sit?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

So is Andre Davis going to sit?

doubt it.  I imagine it will be something that CWT addressed during practice as a team.  I would imagine that he is on a short leash tho

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Burnham was just one of several solid defensive coaches to have coached at USF during Leavitt's tenure with Leavitt having served a larger role than those he hired before and after his time at USF. Leavitt was defense-minded and recruited well on that side of the ball - coaches and players. He lost many good coaches that found success under him.

Tresey?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Several does not equal all. Wise up.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm looking for a breakout game for Davis

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

He needs to PRACTICE and get his head into the game, not sit.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He needs to PRACTICE and get his head into the game, not sit.

The players that are giving effort need to be on the field.  I hope that includes Davis.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178

I understand that he  maybe was not all into the game the 4th quarter Saturday.  The problem is, how do you keep interest after 3 quarters of crappy QB play.  Evelds delivery is to long and slow, he reads a defense like it is a quantum physics book, and he crouches when he throws getting more balls on the Dlines hands then his WRs.  I imagine it gets frustrating being open all games and not having a QB that can even get a ball past the dline.

I hape anybody but Eveld or Floyd is the QB this week.  They both sucks so we should see what Bench or White can do with some experience. 

If he can't keep interested in the game, or lets frustration cause him not to try and catch balls thrown to him...well, it's not excusable.  Those traits have no place on the field.

Also, did you see Davis (or any WR) "open all game"?  I saw stout coverage from what I could on ESPNU, and several folks who were at the game verified that.  I don't think he was open much at all.

I'll keep beating this drum...I think we all need to accept that Eveld is our best option.  Is he not great?...of course.  Does he suck?...I wouldn't say that, but I could see how someone would.  Regardless of our opinions, CWT thinks he's the best option right now and his post-game comments seem to indicate we'll see mostly Eveld next week as well.  Time to move past denial into acceptance.  

I saw 2 plays when we were on the goal line late in the first half where Eveld was moving to the sideline while you could see Davis on the back of the endzone all by himself.  While watching the game you could see WRs open but Eveld not throwing the ball.  The kid sucks and when any WR is playing with a crappy QB they loose interest.  it happens to any athlete in any sport.  Anybody that speaks differently is only kidding themselves.