• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hats off to Defense Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

How's Cliett?

looked like a broken arm or wrist. id wager he is done for the year.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Defense is always ahead of offense. Don't lose hope guys. Defense pulled it out after looking horrid.

How's Cliett?

Back in time for the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

How's Cliett?

Yeah medical redshirt for him. Can't imagine it not broken the way he was holding it.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We lost. The D got outplayed. Offense makes me want to vomit but I'm not giving the d a gold effort star. We LOST a winnable game.

Not saying this was the 86 Bears, but what game were you watching that the defense was out played? The scores today came from a fumble return when our QB fumbled, an INT returned for a TD and a 22 yard drive when our punter made one of the worst puntsbin USF history from our goal line.

That is like saying a pitcher sucked when he threw a 2 hitter and lost 1-0 because there were 2 errors in the field that allowed the winning run.

Defense played with their backs against the goal line the entire first half and gave up nothing. They held up their end of the bargain. The other 2 units failed.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

While Michigan State has a bad offense passing wise, they are pretty solid running. Our defense played much better with solid fundamentals and limited mistakes. i wish we could have gotten some of the dropped turnovers but that happens. Our defense is still very young at LB and CB so give it time. We need to develope experience and depth before they will be on par to our standards at USF.

We gave up 171 yards on the ground to a one dimensional team. I thought the defense sucked today all things considered
They had 38 rushing attempts and have a pretty good OL. Our defense played fine. Good enough to win. Like I said, we are very young at key positions and lack a lot of experience and depth on defense. It will take the entire season for them to really start clicking and improve a lot.

Outside of QB, Oline might be MSU's biggest issue.

They returned all five starters from last year and their OL is the most experienced position on offense.

False.

LT - Redshirt Soph who should be an OG but is playing OT due to injuries and such.

LG - RS Sr

C - RS Jr who broke his leg in the first conference game of last year. This was his 2nd game back from injury

RG - RS Sr who played LT the last two years

RT - RS Fr in his second game ever. Sometimes we replaced him with a senior JUCO transfer who had a season-ending foot injury vs. ND last year.

I have no idea where you managed to pull that tidbit of info from.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2013/earlybird/teams/michiganstate.htm

This preview shows 4 starters returning + 1 starter who is returning from injury.

Way outdated.

FB Thomas moved to DT (long-term position) and is injured.

RT Burkland retired from football due to injury.

C Jack Allen did not play today and is also injured. He played C last year when Jackson broke his leg.

LT France was moved to RG (never played that before).

TE Lang is like 3rd string, don't think he played today.

RB Hill is like the 3rd string tailback but did a good job today.

I don't want to be a downer...and I do think the USF defense was pretty decent...but our offense is garbage. You won't see another even close to being as bad the rest of the year. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, we know that but compared to last week with players quitting and the DL looking like a wet paper bag against a FCS team, its an improvement.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't want to be a downer...and I do think the USF defense was pretty decent...but our offense is garbage. You won't see another even close to being as bad the rest of the year. I'm not kidding.

Spartan, I honestly think McNeese could have given you guys a game today. Your offense is just as responsible for the low-scoring as our defense.

Good luck the rest of the year, hope you wish us the same.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:thumbsup: