• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hats off to Defense Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good job D. C'mon O

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

Zero points for the defense. MSU had 2 scores. I must be crazy but how on earth does our D get a nod? We lost the game and again Lynch was absent. A few dropped picks. I feel like a crazy person in a world where this is ok. It is not.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Zero points for the defense. MSU had 2 scores. I must be crazy but how on earth does our D get a nod? We lost the game and again Lynch was absent. A few dropped picks. I feel like a crazy person in a world where this is ok. It is not.

After last week your expectation was our defense would score points?  They gave up one TD that was in large part from an awful punt.  Michigan State has a bad offense - but not McNeese State bad!  And their offense strength (power run) is usually our biggest weakness.  The D came to play and got the job done.  We were a below average D1 QB away from a win today!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

We lost. The D got outplayed. Offense makes me want to vomit but I'm not giving the d a gold effort star. We LOST a winnable game.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

We lost. The D got outplayed. Offense makes me want to vomit but I'm not giving the d a gold effort star. We LOST a winnable game.

Lol. The D got outplayed?

Watching a different game I guess

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

I feel a lot better with the defense today. The offense will not get going until Bench get familiar with the plays.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I feel a lot better with the defense today. The offense will not get going until Bench get familiar with the plays.

Are we playing the Michigan State offense every week?

It's so bad they played 3 QBs today. Lets wait until Miami before we go talking about how great the defense looked. They're a week off giving up 425 yards to MSU

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Kinda piggy-backing on what Joe said (and I hate to poop on the parade), but Western Michigan played about as well defensively as we did against MSU. So extrapolate from that what you will. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

While Michigan State has a bad offense passing wise, they are pretty solid running. Our defense played much better with solid fundamentals and limited mistakes. i wish we could have gotten some of the dropped turnovers but that happens. Our defense is still very young at LB and CB so give it time. We need to develope experience and depth before they will be on par to our standards at USF.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

Are we playing the Michigan State offense every week?

It's so bad they played 3 QBs today. Lets wait until Miami before we go talking about how great the defense looked. They're a week off giving up 425 yards to MSU

First half they were gashing the middle of our d. Second half they put a stop to that. Lynch, Mims, and Forte was putting heat on all three QB's.