• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hats off to Defense Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want to be a downer...and I do think the USF defense was pretty decent...but our offense is garbage. You won't see another even close to being as bad the rest of the year. I'm not kidding.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

While Michigan State has a bad offense passing wise, they are pretty solid running. Our defense played much better with solid fundamentals and limited mistakes. i wish we could have gotten some of the dropped turnovers but that happens. Our defense is still very young at LB and CB so give it time. We need to develope experience and depth before they will be on par to our standards at USF.

We gave up 171 yards on the ground to a one dimensional team. I thought the defense sucked today all things considered

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I don't want to be a downer...and I do think the USF defense was pretty decent...but our offense is garbage. You won't see another even close to being as bad the rest of the year. I'm not kidding.

We have a whole season of watching our offense ha

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

While Michigan State has a bad offense passing wise, they are pretty solid running. Our defense played much better with solid fundamentals and limited mistakes. i wish we could have gotten some of the dropped turnovers but that happens. Our defense is still very young at LB and CB so give it time. We need to develope experience and depth before they will be on par to our standards at USF.

We gave up 171 yards on the ground to a one dimensional team. I thought the defense sucked today all things considered

They had 38 rushing attempts and have a pretty good OL. Our defense played fine. Good enough to win. Like I said, we are very young at key positions and lack a lot of experience and depth on defense. It will take the entire season for them to really start clicking and improve a lot.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They had 38 rushing attempts and have a pretty good OL. Our defense played fine. Good enough to win. Like I said, we are very young at key positions and lack a lot of experience and depth on defense. It will take the entire season for them to really start clicking and improve a lot.

Outside of QB, Oline might be MSU's biggest issue.

They returned all five starters from last year and their OL is the most experienced position on offense.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

They returned all five starters from last year and their OL is the most experienced position on offense.

False.

LT - Redshirt Soph who should be an OG but is playing OT due to injuries and such.

LG - RS Sr

C - RS Jr who broke his leg in the first conference game of last year. This was his 2nd game back from injury

RG - RS Sr who played LT the last two years

RT - RS Fr in his second game ever. Sometimes we replaced him with a senior JUCO transfer who had a season-ending foot injury vs. ND last year.

I have no idea where you managed to pull that tidbit of info from.

• Upvote 1

False.

LT - Redshirt Soph who should be an OG but is playing OT due to injuries and such.

LG - RS Sr

C - RS Jr who broke his leg in the first conference game of last year. This was his 2nd game back from injury

RG - RS Sr who played LT the last two years

RT - RS Fr in his second game ever. Sometimes we replaced him with a senior JUCO transfer who had a season-ending foot injury vs. ND last year.

I have no idea where you managed to pull that tidbit of info from.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2013/earlybird/teams/michiganstate.htm

This preview shows 4 starters returning + 1 starter who is returning from injury.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Forte is back. We really needed him for depth. O line was better too with returning players.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

How's Cliett?