• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The perfect storm hit us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Floyd wasn't "noodle arming" anything -- he was throwing quite hard all night, too hard in many cases.  However, he was telegraphing worse than Matt Grothe did when he first started.  He never did any reads -- only looked at his intended receiver.

The soft zone wasn't the problem... it was smart to start with a "keep it in front of you until we see what they can do."  The problem was the defense simply did not play their assignments... and after the score started running, the defense players started trying to take the game over selfishly.

The game PLAN wasn't the problem.  The problem was EXECUTION.

Coach made that pretty clear on his radio show and in the paper ...

And that's what I don't get about Joe's comments here. On another thread, he totally agreed with me when I said "blame the (execution of the) players." Yet we see none of this here.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that our players played like garbage, while at the same time the McNeese players took what we have them + made their own plays.

When did I say it wasn't execution? If you scroll up you'll see I wrote in this very thread.

2) Our terrible gameplan wasn't executed well

Listen, if this game had been under Leavitt's or Skip's watch, this board would have 100 posts about how terrible the coaching was. You don't lose by 32 to a team like this and not have some of the responsibility fall on the lap of the coaches.

I don't care what Taggart says, he and his staff's performance was just as bad as our players execution. I can sit here an nitpick at what I thought was below par from a coaching aspect (there was plenty), but I don't think it's necessary. WE LOST BY A RECORD SETTING 32 POINTS TO A I-AA TEAM. That speaks for itself.

I'm not bailing on Taggart, or calling for his head, or saying he's a bad coach, or even worse, wishing we'd bring Skip back. I'm just being objective. If you don't agree, that's fine, but saying Taggart and his staff **** the bed isn't going to make you a bad fan.

Lets hope he gets it together over the next few weeks and show some progress through the year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Floyd wasn't "noodle arming" anything -- he was throwing quite hard all night, too hard in many cases.  However, he was telegraphing worse than Matt Grothe did when he first started.  He never did any reads -- only looked at his intended receiver.

The soft zone wasn't the problem... it was smart to start with a "keep it in front of you until we see what they can do."  The problem was the defense simply did not play their assignments... and after the score started running, the defense players started trying to take the game over selfishly.

Coach made that pretty clear on his radio show and in the paper ...

And that's what I don't get about Joe's comments here. On another thread, he totally agreed with me when I said "blame the (execution of the) players." Yet we see none of this here.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that our players played like garbage, while at the same time the McNeese players took what we have them + made their own plays.

When did I say it wasn't execution? If you scroll up you'll see I wrote in this very thread.

2) Our terrible gameplan wasn't executed well

Listen, if this game had been under Leavitt's or Skip's watch, this board would have 100 posts about how terrible the coaching was. You don't lose by 32 to a team like this and not have some of the responsibility fall on the lap of the coaches.

I don't care what Taggart says, he and his staff's performance was just as bad as our players execution. I can sit here an nitpick at what I thought was below par from a coaching aspect (there was plenty), but I don't think it's necessary. WE LOST BY A RECORD SETTING 32 POINTS TO A I-AA TEAM. That speaks for itself.

I'm not bailing on Taggart, or calling for his head, or saying he's a bad coach, or even worse, wishing we'd bring Skip back. I'm just being objective. If you don't agree, that's fine, but saying Taggart and his staff **** the bed isn't going to make you a bad fan.

Lets hope he gets it together over the next few weeks and show some progress through the year.

obviously some of it has to do with coaching but we fail to realize this is a team that lost an NFL QB and NFL corner and has lost 11 of it's last 12 (??). I wasn't expecting a blowout. Things definitely went south quickly and I think a lot has to do with the fragile mindset of the players. They are expecting bad things to happen.

McNeese State scored 31 in the 2nd quarter. add the early TD in the 3rd off the pick and that was 38 points of which 21 were absolute gifts. Not saying coaching didn't have something to do with it but I think it might take awhile to get the losing culture out of this team.they are expecting bad things to happen and when they do they snowball. this teams needs to learn to deal with adversity. not sure that's a quick fix and I think it's more psychological than anything.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

No matter what game plan is in place, the team will fail if it is not followed...apparently why was seen in practice made the coaches feel pretty confident the team was going to succeed. Taggart said he was shocked about what he saw on the field saying he had not seen that all summer

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't care how mentally drained this team is, a loss like we had Saturday is unacceptable from all aspects.

Even the most downtrodden and beaten up programs beat I-AA schools. If they don't, they don't lose by 32 while giving up 425 yards on defense.

Losing like that this Saturday? I'd agree we're beat from last season's issues. Against Miami, Cinci, Louisville? Yes.

Everyone was awful coaches, players alike, and that cannot happen again.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I don't care how mentally drained this team is, a loss like we had Saturday is unacceptable from all aspects.

Losing like that this Saturday? I'd agree. Against Miami, Cinci, Louisville? Yes.

Everyone was awful, and that cannot happen again.

I get it's unacceptable but look what happened.  they scored 31 in the 2nd .

they started on average inside our 30 yard line on 5 straight possessions. 3 of those inside the 16 (1 was a TD)

it was an awful game that just snowballed.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

A loss is a loss...when things go bad for the Bulls, they give up. IT doesn't matter the opponent, a team gives up will get schlacked.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we arent talented

we have no qb

our coaches sucked

STOP WITH THE EXCUSES

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

A loss is a loss...when things go bad for the Bulls, they give up. IT doesn't matter the opponent, a team gives up will get schlacked.

Yep. That's at the core of everything we saw, and it's on CWT to fix it. I really didn't expect that after hearing all the stuff from camp, seems clear coach didn't either. If you show your enemy you'll quit when it gets tough, they'll make it tougher. No excuse for that junk.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This looks pretty wobbly to me..http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9622075

That isn't a weak throw, that is a late throw.  That pass needs to be thrown before the receiver turns around or it is going to be picked.

Speaking of game plan, if we hit two of the five receivers we had open deep in the first half we are up easily and it's a much different ballgame.

Execution was the issue.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

There were multiple passes Floyd made early on that I thought he may have zipped too quickly.  The deep balls were constantly overthrown too, not underthrown as a noodle arm would indicate.

The kid doesn't have a noodle arm.