• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The perfect storm hit us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

There were multiple passes Floyd made early on that I thought he may have zipped too quickly.  The deep balls were constantly overthrown too, not underthrown as a noodle arm would indicate.

The kid doesn't have a noodle arm.  

Agree, and a couple of the deep throws wouldn't have been quite as bad if the receiver (Davis) would have actually attempted to catch them.

He got a lot of pressure, made some bad decisions/telegraphed, and wasn't really crisp. He needed the bench time, IMO, and Bobby definitely improved the energy. Floyd's not a terrible QB, he might be an incredible practice player and just not a gamer, idk.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From my viewpoint, Davis had no shot at those throws.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Actually watched some of the game again. 

It really was the perfect storm with turnovers near our own 20, safety, int for  a td, floyd played like crap for the most part.

The defense didn't really give up that many long drives and when they did the game was mostly over. 

McNeese scored like 30 points in less than 11 mins in the 2nd quarter to put the game away.

I sort of feel better after watching the game again.  No way do we have everything go against us like that

if we have a qb that is just halfway decent.  No more Floyd hopefully. 

Though two things do concern me lack of pressure from the dline and bad secondary play.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I wouldn't say "no shot," but I wouldn't say they would have been an easy catch.  I agreed with the broadcasters when they criticized his apparent lack of effort.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,071
  • Days Won:  38

The one near the end zone was right in front of my face and he didn't even try to get it.  Maybe, a diving attempt might have snagged it, and maybe it wouldn't have been in reach.  If you don't even put your arms out I guess we'll never know.

Everyone in my section was pretty confused at that one, and then there was another pass later where there was no attempt made.  I didn't know comments were made on TV, but that just means others are curious about the same thing.  

I think it's the whole concept of if we are going to keep spending our money and weekends on this, please at least try to #dosomething.  Just my opinion (and those who sit around me).  I wasn't going to say anything but then I saw this post. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't know a receiver that has arms that are three yards long

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Do you know of any 6' + receivers that can't get at least 3' horizontal by laying out for a catch.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,071
  • Days Won:  38

I am not saying you guys are wrong, I'm just saying I'm watching closer now :D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm with RockyStyle on this--more of a curiosity thing than a straight bash of the Davis. He's a good receiver, so were the defenders messing with him at the last minute? Did he look too late to make the attempt? Or was he frustrated the pass wasn't a bullseye shot? SOMEthing was jacked with that, don't think he realized how many people saw him let up on those plays, rather than make a completely futile but respectable stab at making the grab. Who knows, finger-tip catches happen!

Just hyper-sensitive right now to seeing guys with our U on their helmet appear to give up.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am among those that believe he could have reached it, especially since he seemed to slow down the last couple of steps.  May or may not have made the catch, but close enough to try.  He made some catches in the Nevada game last year I didn't think he'd get to and he did.