• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some off-the-field observations from Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I expect a similar look at Bucs games if they don't drastically improve.

The Buc's will never look as bad on TV as USF does. Heck you could have 10K in the stands for a Bucs game and it would look like a sell out on TV.

All has to do with the seats.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2)  Hey, beer man!  Where'd you go?  The guys in yellow that carry around the tubs of ice cold beer (in cans) are gone!  What happened?  There used to be one waiting for me as I entered the stadium.  It was a tradition to buy a couple of ice cold 16 oz cans for the trip to the seat.  There was also another beer guy I could always find hovering around the miller lite party deck.  Then, of course, my section had a beer guy that would make sure I always had a cold one.  Bummer.  Saturday I had to wait in line for draft beer.  Ok, well, there wasn't much of a line.  Again, I'm guessing the service of having a beer guy was discontinued due to our waning attendance numbers, but I don't know if that's really the reason.

Now that you mention it, there weren't any kind of vendors walking the stands, were there? Works for me because my seat is on the aisle where they could be a pain in the ass as far as viewing goes ..... although Saturday I would have welcomed some view blockage.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

I expect a similar look at Bucs games if they don't drastically improve.

The Buc's will never look as bad on TV as USF does. Heck you could have 10K in the stands for a Bucs game and it would look like a sell out on TV.

All has to do with the seats.

to be fair-- would you really want subject anyone to that beat down? Yeah, I know-- a bigger crowd could have had some impact on the players/outcome perhaps etc

but really-- I'm sort of glad less people saw that miserable game. That it wasn't in regular tv turned out to be a bonus

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

So why don't we go halvsies on new seats that are hinged...red on one side green on the other...and have people for say free tix or swag take a section apiece and flip the seats for the games...I would do it

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

We all witnessed what happened on the field.  I was hoping it was just a nightmare, but no.  It really happened.

Anyway, there were some off-the-field observations I had at the game Saturday.

1)  What happened to all the free swag?  We park in lot 6, and the wife and family always enjoy walking over to 6D where all the promotional stuff and vendors are.  They usually come back with hats, bags, t shirts, coupons, food, keychains--you name it.  Saturday they came back with nothing and told me there weren't alot of businesses doing promotions there at the game.  I never really cared that much about it, but it was something the girls really liked.  I'm guessing the lack of "sponsors" is due to the waning trend in our attendance numbers.

2)  Hey, beer man!  Where'd you go?  The guys in yellow that carry around the tubs of ice cold beer (in cans) are gone!  What happened?  There used to be one waiting for me as I entered the stadium.  It was a tradition to buy a couple of ice cold 16 oz cans for the trip to the seat.  There was also another beer guy I could always find hovering around the miller lite party deck.  Then, of course, my section had a beer guy that would make sure I always had a cold one.  Bummer.  Saturday I had to wait in line for draft beer.  Ok, well, there wasn't much of a line.  Again, I'm guessing the service of having a beer guy was discontinued due to our waning attendance numbers, but I don't know if that's really the reason.

Back on the bus, or at least trying to help push it out of the ditch.

GO BULLS!

No beer man, and another one... no frozen lemonade, anywhere in the stadium, any more. 

Worse yet, it was a stinkin' (weather comment) hot August evening in Tampa. 

Frozen lemonade is just the thing (well, then there is beer) on nights like this.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I am all for the beer man being gone.  Not a prude, but seriously, you need a couple beers to make it from your tailgate to your seat?  I can understand needing a couple to get from the seat to the car last week, but that was performance related. 

Personally, see too many issues with people getting drunk in the stands, plus all the headaches with the aisles getting backed up.  I sit on an aisle and the **** beer guy always seems to open bar next to me.

I know one vendor told me they did not renew because it was just too expensive this year compared to the time and profit made.  Now, he was not giving away promos but wonder if IMG chased everyone off with high costs to operate. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So why don't we go halvsies on new seats that are hinged...red on one side green on the other...and have people for say free tix or swag take a section apiece and flip the seats for the games...I would do it

I hope that when Ray Jay, a 15 year old stadium, is next renovated, that USF gets into the mix as a long term tenet to add things that make the place easier to convert for Bulls games. It could be a lighting system like the Jets/Giants stadium has that changes color when USF is playing.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I hope that when Ray Jay, a 15 year old stadium, is next renovated, that USF gets into the mix as a long term tenet to add things that make the place easier to convert for Bulls games. It could be a lighting system like the Jets/Giants stadium has that changes color when USF is playing.

Let me know how that goes.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Let me know how that goes.

I wonder what the city of Tampa makes off the BULLS? Or, do they even make anything? Is it all TSA an the Glazers?  Could it be that some hint of serious talk of an OCS and the loss of whatever revenue they do get would be enough to get a little respect out of them?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I am all for the beer man being gone.  Not a prude, but seriously, you need a couple beers to make it from your tailgate to your seat?  I can understand needing a couple to get from the seat to the car last week, but that was performance related. 

Personally, see too many issues with people getting drunk in the stands, plus all the headaches with the aisles getting backed up.  I sit on an aisle and the **** beer guy always seems to open bar next to me.

I know one vendor told me they did not renew because it was just too expensive this year compared to the time and profit made.  Now, he was not giving away promos but wonder if IMG chased everyone off with high costs to operate. 

A couple of beers to make it to my seat before kickoff-one for me and one for the mrs.  it's a tradition.  I do agree with you on the beer dudes clogging the aisles and whatnot, but it was nice to have them in the common areas like at the entrances and by the party deck.