• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some off-the-field observations from Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

We all witnessed what happened on the field.  I was hoping it was just a nightmare, but no.  It really happened.

Anyway, there were some off-the-field observations I had at the game Saturday.

1)  What happened to all the free swag?  We park in lot 6, and the wife and family always enjoy walking over to 6D where all the promotional stuff and vendors are.  They usually come back with hats, bags, t shirts, coupons, food, keychains--you name it.  Saturday they came back with nothing and told me there weren't alot of businesses doing promotions there at the game.  I never really cared that much about it, but it was something the girls really liked.  I'm guessing the lack of "sponsors" is due to the waning trend in our attendance numbers.

2)  Hey, beer man!  Where'd you go?  The guys in yellow that carry around the tubs of ice cold beer (in cans) are gone!  What happened?  There used to be one waiting for me as I entered the stadium.  It was a tradition to buy a couple of ice cold 16 oz cans for the trip to the seat.  There was also another beer guy I could always find hovering around the miller lite party deck.  Then, of course, my section had a beer guy that would make sure I always had a cold one.  Bummer.  Saturday I had to wait in line for draft beer.  Ok, well, there wasn't much of a line.  Again, I'm guessing the service of having a beer guy was discontinued due to our waning attendance numbers, but I don't know if that's really the reason.

Back on the bus, or at least trying to help push it out of the ditch.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

my guess is that those freebies and participating companies were due to the holiday weekend-- we don't always start on Labor Day weekend at home

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  19

We all witnessed what happened on the field.  I was hoping it was just a nightmare, but no.  It really happened.

Anyway, there were some off-the-field observations I had at the game Saturday.

1)  What happened to all the free swag?  We park in lot 6, and the wife and family always enjoy walking over to 6D where all the promotional stuff and vendors are.  They usually come back with hats, bags, t shirts, coupons, food, keychains--you name it.  Saturday they came back with nothing and told me there weren't alot of businesses doing promotions there at the game.  I never really cared that much about it, but it was something the girls really liked.  I'm guessing the lack of "sponsors" is due to the waning trend in our attendance numbers.

2)  Hey, beer man!  Where'd you go?  The guys in yellow that carry around the tubs of ice cold beer (in cans) are gone!  What happened?  There used to be one waiting for me as I entered the stadium.  It was a tradition to buy a couple of ice cold 16 oz cans for the trip to the seat.  There was also another beer guy I could always find hovering around the miller lite party deck.  Then, of course, my section had a beer guy that would make sure I always had a cold one.  Bummer.  Saturday I had to wait in line for draft beer.  Ok, well, there wasn't much of a line.  Again, I'm guessing the service of having a beer guy was discontinued due to our waning attendance numbers, but I don't know if that's really the reason.

Back on the bus, or at least trying to help push it out of the ditch.

GO BULLS!

I will throw a couple things out there. IMG who is responsible for selling our sponsorships has a new leader, and much of a new staff.. they may have had a slightly different approach to which sponsors are eligible to be out there. I do remember that growing as the year went on (with homecoming being the high point) ... so I wouldn't assume that what you saw week 1 will be the same.

Side note ..... new field wall signage looked sharp. New design from last year, and I thought it looked cleaner. (this is the wrapping that goes around the wall that separates row 1 from the sidelines.)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

No cotton candy either, my daughters were NOT happy!! LOL

1006064_444871978960500_204695072_n.jpg

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Your daughters are beautiful!

Sobering picture of the crowd...22k had to be the lowest attendance in College Football this week. 

the crowd shot is from before the game started (light out, no players on field, band on field , cheerleaders on field)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sobering picture of the crowd...22k had to be the lowest attendance in College Football this week. 

What do you expect after the last 3 seasons of the Skip and BJ show. After our loss to McDonalds State I can guarantee that our attendance for the remainder of the 2013 seaosn will be around 22K or lower.

I'm really dreading the Miami game this season... BigRed will be stuffed with an ass load of toothless Miami fans twerking in the isles.

Edited by Bubba Bull

What do you expect after the last 3 seasons of the Skip and BJ show. After our loss to McDonalds State I can guarantee that our attendance for the remainder of the 2013 seaosn will be around 22K or lower.

I'm really dreading the Miami game this season... BigRed will be stuffed with an ass load of toothless Miami fans twerking in the isles.

Miami will be well attended somehow-- always is.

Louisville always travels well

the rest will be pretty bad short of a sudden drastic improvement

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I expect a similar look at Bucs games if they don't drastically improve.